About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 02:38:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Smoky quartz bottle

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Smoky quartz bottle  (Read 3256 times)
samsonlzj
Private Boards

Beautiful things deserve appreciation

« on: February 08, 2017, 10:26:53 am »

Dear all,

Thank you very much! I'm glad that you all like it!

Dear Joey,

I see what you all mean with the collar, kinda like an odd one out in the whole combination, but it does look interesting although it may not be aesthetically appealing. I hesitate to modify it at the moment as I fear I may cause damage to it. So I'll just leave it like that until I manage to find something that matches better... Roll Eyes

Dear Tom and Pat,

I'm adding pics showing its mouth, and its height next to a ruler. It's a tiny bottle that can be securely held in the center of the palm. Wink

Dear Charll,

Your bottles are gorgeous too! This one http://snuffbottle.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,2475.msg32517.html#msg32517
is just like an identical twin of mine! Shocked
That smoky crystal cluster should be an exhibit in a rock and mineral museum! Smiley

Dear Peter,

Sure, let me show it to you when we meet. There're indeed lots of attractive pieces among material bottles as well. After all, I'm after objects of all kinds and forms that give aesthetic pleasure... no intention to "damage" your collecting habits though... Roll Eyes

That red overlay bottle you bought was really a good buy, beautiful and unique!

Best to all,
Samson

* rsz_dscn0072.jpg (25.28 KB, 334x339 - viewed 25 times.)

* rsz_1dscn0074.jpg (91.92 KB, 475x719 - viewed 25 times.)

* rsz_dscn0073.jpg (54.45 KB, 411x709 - viewed 32 times.)

* rsz_dscn0067.jpg (41.7 KB, 530x423 - viewed 33 times.)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:28:46 am by samsonlzj » Report Spam   Logged

Samson - a young new collector desiring knowledge
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: