About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 04:54:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Another Hornbill Bottle

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Hornbill Bottle  (Read 1106 times)
NE collector

Woman of the West, with Eyes on the East

« on: January 31, 2017, 05:38:08 am »

Dear Joey,

Thank you for your thoughts. While the approximate age appears to remain a mystery, the bottle it's self appears a good quality. The one thing that I have observed in my sporadic collecting through the years, types (material) of bottles seem to fall in and out of favor.  It can be very confusing. For one reason or other, I find that a bottle purchased for what seems to be a good price at one time has drastically changed(not for the better) in a span of five or ten years. Hornbill has me really scratching my head. I can only say that I always try to buy with my heart and look for the best quality I can find. I really appreciate your comments on this bottle. Your information is appreciated.

Toni-Lee
Report Spam   Logged

Toni-Lee

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: