About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 03:45:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

I'M SAD TO ANNOUNCE KIM GREEN'S DEMISE ON 21.JAN.2017

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'M SAD TO ANNOUNCE KIM GREEN'S DEMISE ON 21.JAN.2017  (Read 721 times)
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« on: January 24, 2017, 06:14:51 am »

To all on the Forum,

This is the message I just got from Clare Chu, re.Kim & Jim (How I've always thought of the late Kim Green z"l and Jim Pastorick):

Dear friends,
Thank you for all of your heartfelt emails - a sign of how much we all cared about Kim.

Jim is back home in Alexandria, and wants to be left alone for the time being. A good friend and colleague of Kim's, Gail Charnley and I are in regular touch with him. He has asked us to organize a memorial service as he is not able to right now. We have decided with Jim's agreement that it will be held in the Springtime, because we all think that is what Kim would have wanted. It is also possible, because Kim has some elderly relatives on the West Coast, that we may hold two memorials, one on each coast. If that happens I will try to have it on April 16th, the day after the Joint Meeting (I realize it is Easter Day - apologies). I will let you all know as soon as I have any concrete news.

On a more delicate note (and I'm sorry I don't really know how to put this), Kim's remains are with a funeral director in Alexandria pending cremation (in accordance with her wishes). There will be no funeral service at this time. As the wife of a veteran, Kim's ashes can be placed in a special cemetery in Arlington, but Jim has not yet decided about that. There will be a website set up by the funeral director where you can post condolences, and I will let you know as soon as that can be accessed.

Jim's wish is that, in lieu of flowers, donations in Kim's name be made either to our Society (ICSBS) or to a charity supporting a cure for leukemia.

Thank you all, I will be in touch shortly,

In peace,
Clare
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: