About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 12:30:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Barely translucent purple glass with goldstone flecks.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Barely translucent purple glass with goldstone flecks.  (Read 1309 times)
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2017, 01:55:02 pm »

Dear Rick (and Jo),

I'm deeply touched by what was written, but my Aspergers forces me to make two, admittedly small, corrections:
A. Rick, we met and became friends in 1980, at the ICSBS New Orleans convention. With the late Bill Griswold, we became an inseparable trio in Honolulu in 1981, with the late Virginia Rice tagging along (and a fun gal to drink with! Though I was only drinking Coke or fruit juices - remember my pineapple and cranberry juice 'cocktails'?!)
B. Without being falsely modest, I'd be happy if I were considered  among the top 10 living contributors to knowledge and love of snuff bottles.

But thank you both. 
Best to all,
Shabbat Shalom,
Joey

While I rarely post anything of consequence, I feel the need to briefly interject at this point.

Joey and I have been good friends since 1981.  Still, I am one of the "looney left" having become politically active in the Kennedy/Johnson eras.  Nonetheless, with vastly divergent political opinions we have remained friends.  Joey is an intelligent and dedicated collector who has contributed more to the knowledge of snuff bottle collecting than any other living person.  He has contributed financially and intellectually to every area of our hobby.  He has donated copies of his books to any institution with an interest in the subject.  He is a most generous individual in many other areas.

I am delighted that the posts on politics have been deleted and hope that we can keep our discussions germain to the subject.  There has been so very much wonderful information posted on this site, so much help to fellow collectors, that I think we should all focus our efforts on educating and helping each other.  While most never hear from me, this forum has been a delight and I deeply want it to continue.

Best wishes,
Rick
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

aidan31

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2017, 03:13:18 pm »

Dear Joey-

I stand corrected (on one point).  It was 1980 when we met.  You may suffer from asperges, I suffer from old age and while my memory hasn't totally left me there are a few "loose" pieces.

I stand behind all else I said.  You have done a great deal to advance SERIOUS study of snuff bottles (without any commercial bias).  Also, your and your family's many charitable contributions have benefitted innumerable people.

Always friends, Rick
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2017, 07:07:07 am »

Dear Rick,

Thank you. The last  words are definitely true.
Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: