About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 04:26:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Did one of our members here win this bottle ?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Did one of our members here win this bottle ?  (Read 1606 times)
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« on: January 16, 2017, 03:21:12 am »

Dear George,

So what?
    Guess how many people are in China, George? Guess how many of them are trying to be 'experts' and 'dealers' in Chinese Art? Now, guess how many of them understand 'f**k all about snuff bottles?
Sorry, me bad. Shocked Roll Eyes Grin

Numbers of ignorant morons don't impress me.  Roll Eyes Wink
    If you said that Clare Chu, and Laurence Souksi and Hugh Moss, and Marsha Vargas Handley, among the dealers; and a number of expert collectors who I won't name for privacy reasons, were bidding, I'd wonder why I wasn't bidding.

It is the group of 30-50 Mainland Chinese 'dealers' bidding up the 50+ Amber snuff bottles in Paris at the Servier auction in Dec.2015, all over again.

And even if it is signed Erzhong, doesn't make it Erzhong, Cathy. A few years ago, a relative of mine wore white at her wedding; didn't make her a virgin... Roll Eyes Shocked Grin

Best to all,
Joey

Dear George,

But who are the bidders, and how good is their knowledge?
Joey

Can't say... But the interesting part is that there were so many bidders bidding against each other.
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=332075368012&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: