About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 18, 2024, 06:30:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Going "cold turkey".

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Going "cold turkey".  (Read 1449 times)
Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 07:11:39 am »

Good to hear others supporting the idea. I guess the new board should go in the Shop and Swap section. Can we come up with a fun name for it?  Bargain Basement is a bit crude. How about something like The Training Room, First Steps, or The Bottom Drawer...?  Suggestions needed !!!

Tom
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 10:49:33 am »

Perhaps.. 50 posts Participation and Liquidation Gift ??

Will think of more.....

I have given all my drawer bottles away.. Not so sure would want to require any kind of donation from new members to participate.. Really not necessary, and really do not like to have any "required" donations.. I think we are talking about using bottles that do not have any value to them.. Or if it is necessary to ask for something "really small", like 5.00 or something just to help the owner of the bottle cover mailing costs for a 50 post bottle..  I included the word "liquidation" above, but I don't think we are actually selling these drawer bottles are we ?

Just talking out loud... 
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2017, 10:54:10 am »

George

We don't mail stuff internationally for $5 usd, so we need to come up with something somehow. Also, not sure we are talking about bottles with no value. Just trying to come up with creative ways to dispose of unwanted (doesn't mean no or low value necessarily) bottles.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the goal is to recruit coach and retain members, but they also have to have skin in the game ..
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:03:14 am by Pat - 查尚杰 » Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2017, 11:00:56 am »

George

We don't mail stuff internationally for $5 usd, so we need to come up with something somehow. Also, not sure we are talking about bottles with no value. Just trying to come up with creative ways to dispose of unwanted (doesn't mean no or low value necessarily) bottles.

Ok, got ya...
Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2017, 11:02:41 am »

Updated and expanded my reply
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2017, 11:07:37 am »

Good to hear others supporting the idea. I guess the new board should go in the Shop and Swap section. Can we come up with a fun name for it?  Bargain Basement is a bit crude. How about something like The Training Room, First Steps, or The Bottom Drawer...?  Suggestions needed !!!

Tom

How about 'The Apprentice Snuff Bottle Collector' ?
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2017, 11:45:14 am »

How about 'The Apprentice Snuff Bottle Collector' ?

I like it...
Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2017, 02:58:42 am »

I agree that we need to attach SOME value to the bottles being offered. Most of the ones I'm wanting to dispose of cost between US$20 and US$120, so I wouldn't want a novice collector treating these bottles as valueless trash. They were good enough for me to collect at one time, long ago. They are just not bottles I should keep in my present collection.

And postage from Asia to the West is going to cost at least $15-20, without packing materials.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 11:44:19 pm by Wattana » Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: