About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 03:26:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Conjoined Cloisonne - help with age

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Conjoined Cloisonne - help with age  (Read 1260 times)
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« on: January 03, 2017, 07:14:55 pm »

Yes, but Rick reminded me that Virginia thought she was paying US$45 for it, and was too embarrassed to not buy it when the charge was rung up as US$450! As I remember it, both Rick and I tried to get her to cancel the purchase, but she did not want to look cheap.
I would have said that US$45 was a fair price in 1981...
Best,
Joey

George - Thanks for the references. I will read more about this. I tend to be a stubborn analytical type person - guess that's pretty obvious by now! Wink

Despite the dispute about their age, I still find them lovely and am fascinated by the work that goes into making them. Maybe not lovely enough to spend $30,000, but certainly lovely enough for a few hundred dollars.

On my conjoined bottle, I think the amber insert alone made this a worthwhile purchase. I never mentioned that I didn't actually win this one. They came back to me and offered it as second chance after the original winner didn't pay.

Joey - what a memory you have! It constantly amazes!

Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: