About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 10:43:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

It's a table bottle, not a table bottle.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: It's a table bottle, not a table bottle.  (Read 1179 times)
forestman
Private Boards

« on: December 14, 2016, 12:54:22 am »

Dear Joey,

That was my weird sense of humour again, sorry.

I am posting a picture, sorry for the quality but I didn't want to reveal where I found it.

This was not a bottle I had any intention of buying as the price is far higher than the bottle deserves. I was interested because I have seen numerous moulded bottles but never one like this.

You see modern copies of older bottles, for instance squirrels on cobs of corn etc, so I assume this bottle is a copy of an older one that exists which is why I asked if anyone had seen anything like it before.

I am trying to ease myself into buying better bottles but a very nice Lac Burgaute one I wanted to bid on last week went higher than I was prepared to pay the second bidding opened but on reflection it was worth it and I need to readjust what I am willing to pay to get quality.

Regards, Adrian

* P1010278.jpg (43.45 KB, 320x226 - viewed 42 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: