About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 06:20:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

As always, opinions please

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: As always, opinions please  (Read 526 times)
rpfstoneman
Private Boards

« on: December 02, 2016, 10:52:23 am »

I have understood that you can not say anything to me about the price, but I want to know information about the items, like if they are really old, if you think that are beautifull, and other interesting characteristics like these.

Albert,

Yes you are OK in asking the above type questions with bottles at auction.  So here is my opinion (going left to right), but it is difficult to confirm material of each bottle in this group just from photos.

1) Imitation cinnabar.  Bad resin bottle not worth collecting.

2) Black glass with golden flecks.  Attractive, collectable maybe, but not old.  Date from 1975 to recently made.

3) Red glass(?).  But could be a red resin bottle.  The mouth of the bottle were the stopper sets has a typical appearance of resin.  Does not appear to be old. 

4) Amber imitation (?).  I suspect it too is a contemporary resin bottle.  Likely not very old.

I would say none of these bottles are worth collecting as judged solely by the photos.

Hope this helps, Charll 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 04:25:47 pm by rpfstoneman » Report Spam   Logged

Charll K Stoneman, Eureka, California USA, Collector Since 1979.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: