About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 15, 2024, 11:07:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Yong Shoutian Try 3

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yong Shoutian Try 3  (Read 2049 times)
forestman
Private Boards

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2017, 11:39:15 am »

It's not hard to see from the examples of bottles posted on here that YST repeated these warrior bottles over and over.

I found a very similar bottle to my YST that was auctioned on Live Auctioneers in 2013 said to depict a famous battle during the 3 Kingdom period. Where one of the main horses on my bottle was white the same horse on the other bottle was brown and white but in exactly the same stance, the same figures held different weapons on each bottle but otherwise were very close in stance and clothing and numerous other similarities. You could almost suggest he copied one from the other but just changed some details so it was never an exact copy.

It may make it easier to value his bottles as they could be so similar but that fact must detract from their value as well.

Regards, Adrian. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: