About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 04:58:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Bottle signed Ye Zhongshan

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottle signed Ye Zhongshan  (Read 552 times)
guest588
« on: November 06, 2016, 04:25:03 pm »

Hello everyone! Here is another inside painted bottle I picked up recently. Without the cap it measures just under 3" inches in height. Features some predatory bird on the front and writing on the back. Any info or observations greatly appreciated!

[img]
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 10:04:25 pm »

Hi Lewis,

Did you see any similarity with the this bottle and the one signed with Ding Erzhong? if you did, you should have answer by yourself.

I don't think its necessary to translate the inscripts if the bottle itself is wrong.

Steven
Report Spam   Logged

guest588
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 09:48:59 am »

Hi Lewis,

Did you see any similarity with the this bottle and the one signed with Ding Erzhong? if you did, you should have answer by yourself.

I don't think its necessary to translate the in-scripts if the bottle itself is wrong.

Steven

Steven, I do notice some similarity in the style of painting of the two however the Ding Erzhong bottle seems to be much more detailed than this one (which makes me wonder who actually painted it anyways.) As for translating the in-scripts, I'm told this bottle is signed Ye Zhongshan as a gift to warlord Chang Tso-lin 1916. You mentioned the bottle here is wrong. It would be greatly appreciated if you could enlighten me as to how it is wrong, or what to look for in older vs newer bottles. I am hoping to learn something in all of this and I'm afraid simply stating the bottle is wrong does nothing to educate me. Thanks for your input.
Report Spam   Logged
George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 05:01:18 pm »

Lewis..

A few things that stand out include the style of painting is not that of Ye Family, plus it being falsely signed. The size and shape of bottle is not Middle Period which is when these artists painted.  I am not so sure this may actually be photo enhanced..
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
guest588
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 06:07:18 pm »

Dear Lewisroyer,

We have commented ad nauseum about this type of fake. There is plenty of information available on the Forum where we've already explained, a number of times.
Please feel free to do some study on your own in the copious records of already documented material, BEFORE you ask us to regurgitate yet again. It's all there.
Check using key words such as inside painted; fake; modern fake; Ye Zhongsan ( FYI, it is NOT Ye Zhongshan ('Middle Mountain' Ye), but Ye Zhongsan ('Third Middle [Son]' Ye); etc.
Good luck,
Joey
Sure Joey, because searching years of past forums on this site (many irrelevant to his piece) would be much easier than simply pointing out what is wrong about the bottle when electing to advise or participate on an open post about it. Forgive me for imposing any burden to "regurgitate" information (or amything else) and my assumption the inquiry would be welcome.
Report Spam   Logged
guest588
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 10:56:37 pm »

Lewis,

I get it. An honest mistake on your part. OF COURSE, your time is too valuable to 'waste' it learning from all the Forum's reams of informative data; but we have plenty of time to answer for the 6th or more time, the same answer.
     For someone whose sole access to The Forum was to give us the honour of telling him if he'd bought a piece of crap or not.  Why do you think we are so eager to ?
Well, yes, it is a piece of crap. Congrats.

Well done Joey! Good for you!  Roll Eyes I suppose no one should post anything and just use the forum as a reference no? And you yourself have made it abundantly clear what you have "plenty of time" to answer (or to vaguely scrutinize rather.) For what's it worth, I was asked specifically by George to post this bottle here. Sorry to irritate you so. I am an expert myself of some things and never feel the same frustration demonstrating or teaching other people. If there is cause for frustration the clues are simple enough to point out. Unless I'm just being a dick of course. Then, why bother? I suspect that is the case with you.  Grin Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest588
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 01:49:25 pm »

I don't know what you are an expert at, except for being a rude, selfish so-and-so.

But, George specifically wrote in introductions, that when one has a bottle one would like to receive advice on, to FIRST go to the store of knowledge already amassed, and to compare it to the bottles already posted.

You know it is Inside Painted, so you don't have to look under Porcelain or Jade. So far, so good. Then you look under the word Fake, and see what you find. And under the supposed artist. But you sound like you couldn't be bothered to check, and we should jump and give you the information, so you don't have to strain yourself.

So again I will ask you - why should I or Steven, or Giovanni, etc., etc., bother, when you are not prepared to bother yourself?

And I apologise if I'm wrong, but I never even saw a message from you introducing yourself to the members of the Forum. Which should be the first thing you do.
Instead, you want us to be a free service to let you know if the stuff you bought cheap is worth anything.

Lewis,

I get it. An honest mistake on your part. OF COURSE, your time is too valuable to 'waste' it learning from all the Forum's reams of informative data; but we have plenty of time to answer for the 6th or more time, the same answer.
     For someone whose sole access to The Forum was to give us the honour of telling him if he'd bought a piece of crap or not.  Why do you think we are so eager to ?
Well, yes, it is a piece of crap. Congrats.

Well done Joey! Good for you!  Roll Eyes I suppose no one should post anything and just use the forum as a reference no? And you yourself have made it abundantly clear what you have "plenty of time" to answer (or to vaguely scrutinize rather.) For what's it worth, I was asked specifically by George to post this bottle here. Sorry to irritate you so. I am an expert myself of some things and never feel the same frustration demonstrating or teaching other people. If there is cause for frustration the clues are simple enough to point out. Unless I'm just being a dick of course. Then, why bother? I suspect that is the case with you.  Grin Wink
FYI I had searched the forum before posting this (broken image tags and all) and have searched all over the internet for hours on days trying to learn about snuff bottles or what to look for in a piece. So your presumption that I have not and somehow am undeserving (because you say so) simply isn't true. I'll mention again that I was personally invited to post this particular bottle here Joey Roll Eyes. As for being rude, your likening of helping with my inquiry to vomiting... would be considered rude (petulant) by most I think.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: