About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 20, 2024, 02:36:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Glazed Double Gourd Bottle

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Glazed Double Gourd Bottle  (Read 2044 times)
Fiveroosters aka clayandbrush
Private Boards

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2016, 07:32:01 am »

Dear Kevin,
I think that I will stop here, sorry. It is completely worthless to continue the discussion if you refuse to hear and check what I say to you and come out with issues that has nothing to do. You need to study a bit, but most important, you need to understand what you are studying.
All what you said above has nothing to do with your bottle.
The base is not the same only because it is concave. It is the same than saying that my poor car is a Ferrari only because the wheels are round.
What has to do over glaze enamels of the famille verte ware with your bottle?
Underglaze blue almost disappeared during Qing dynasty?Huh That’s interesting! Dear Joey, you must throw out your B&W bottles because they are not Qing. But please tell me where you did throw them. Grin Grin
Kind regards
Giovanni
PS: Please understand that “With underglaze blue omitted…..” must be read as “With underglaze blue omitted (within the famille verte scheme)…..”.
Famille verte is just one of the many types of porcelain ware produced under the Kangxi reign.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: