About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 04:10:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Transparent Pink Overlay Glass Snuff Bottle

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transparent Pink Overlay Glass Snuff Bottle  (Read 624 times)
cshapiro

« on: August 13, 2016, 12:36:24 am »

Thanks YT

I found another example of what appears to be this same overlay pattern on a bottle at Christie's.
I am attaching it here for reference.

Please compare and let me know what you think.
The bottle there is a red overlay on pale turquoise glass. So the differences are the colors, and the height of the bottle - the bottle there is 6cm tall and mine is 6.5, but the pattern itself looks very close to my untrained eye.

If you want to see it on the site, here's the link:
http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/lot/a-red-overlay-pale-turquoise-glass-snuff-bottle-5977573-details.aspx?from=salesummery&intObjectID=5977573&sid=34f584a2-ef14-41aa-9058-b47c26b20c07

Now it may be totally inappropriate for me to make a comparison like this - if so, please let me know

* christiesoverlaydragon.jpg (21.84 KB, 332x523 - viewed 47 times.)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 12:44:25 am by cshapiro » Report Spam   Logged

Cathy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: