About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 04:55:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Crackle Glaze Bottle

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crackle Glaze Bottle  (Read 1699 times)
Fiveroosters aka clayandbrush
Private Boards

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2016, 05:03:31 am »

PS: I don't know why the first meiping appears horizontal, while the original picture is vertical?Huh
Report Spam   Logged

RW

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2016, 06:10:56 am »

Dear Giovanni
Many thanks to you and all for your contribution on the topic of shape. to be fair I will simply restate the description as of compressed form
Kind regards

Kevin
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2016, 09:46:31 am »

Dear Tom,

That's why I was so impressed with Kevin's photography!
There is a reason it is called 'Anhua'!  Grin
Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Private Boards

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2016, 09:47:45 am »

Dear George and YT,

Thank you both for posting for me. NOW, if you could only get it to look as clear as Kevin's...  Roll Eyes
Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

YT
Private Boards

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2016, 09:04:45 pm »

Dear George and YT,

Thank you both for posting for me. NOW, if you could only get it to look as clear as Kevin's...  Roll Eyes
Best,
Joey

Dear Joey,

The bottle that I posted in Reply13, White Anhua-incised snuff bottle of cylindrical from, incised and molded on the biscuit body, with a five-clawed dragon amid clouds, the eyes picked out in cobalt blue, covered in a clear glaze, unglazed foot cut with thirteen concentric rings. 9.2cm high. Early to mid 19th C.

I have attached a clearer picture. If you like it, you can bring #13 along end of the year and I will ask my colleague to photo it. You know him too, he told me that you were sitting beside him on the bus during the HK convention  Wink.

Cheers,
YT

* 637 Anhua Dragon2.jpg (55.85 KB, 608x656 - viewed 37 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

YT
Private Boards

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2016, 10:02:35 pm »

Need to clarify that these photos are taken under standard LED lightings using a Nikon and no photoshop was done.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2016, 07:26:13 am »

Dear YT,

Thank you.
I wasn't going to 'shlepp' a porcelain SB all around the world, but it will be worth it.
Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

YT
Private Boards

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2016, 09:28:07 am »

Hahaha.... Treat it as an ancient medicine bottle you need. Tongue

Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2016, 11:58:15 am »

Good one! Grin
Joey

Hahaha.... Treat it as an ancient medicine bottle you need. Tongue

Report Spam   Logged

guest574
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2016, 06:03:30 pm »

Joey it is not that hard to schlep snuff bottles, I schlepped six to show you in Ireland!
Report Spam   Logged
Private Boards

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2016, 07:27:23 pm »

Dear Ted,

You are correct.
     BUT, I'm returning the Apple Green Jadeite and the Clear on Realgar Overlay Glass with the flanking archaistic dragons to Israel.

Then I'm bringing Kim & Jim the 2 (or is it 3, Giovanni) Bakelite snuff bottles I have for them as an anniversary present to LA. And I expect to buy bottles in LA at the convention, and have already commissioned 3 Zhuanshu  (Archaic script) calligraphy in quartz bottles, and bought a Kaishu (Standard script) calligraphy in quartz, from Jill (Guo Jie) and Li Hui.

And hopefully, will find bottles in Taipei, HK, Thailand, and Singapore, or possibly other treasures. Last time in Singapore, I found a wonderful silver and gold toddler's genital shield from Aceh's Moslem culture. They were and are murdering fanatic evil bast**ds, but they did do superb metalwork in the 19th C. At least for the aristocracy.  Roll Eyes   Whoops. Me bad. Grin

So, I'm not thrilled about shlepping any more than I have to.
I have a superb cashmere and lambswool coat, great in Toronto or London or Paris (etc.), in winter. I won't need it till the last few days of my trip, when I'm in London, around the 10th of Dec.
Instead, I am taking 2 UNIQLO superlightweight anoraks, which weigh under 50 grams each, one XL which I can wear over my blazer; and another one in M, which I can wear over a sweater. So I carry 100 grams weight of outerwear, instead of a coat which weighs a few kg (and which doesn't roll up into a bag about 5cmX5cmX10cm!). And the UNIQLO is almost as warm as the cashmere (though MUCH less stylish).

I will talk to Robert Hall the photographer, and show him the info on the Forum, and see if he can't reproduce the same results in London. Dublin-London-Dublin doesn't bother me.  Wink

Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: