About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 18, 2024, 08:01:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Crackle Glaze Bottle

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Crackle Glaze Bottle  (Read 1735 times)
RW

« on: August 07, 2016, 06:39:27 pm »

Dear Joey,

My camera and the lighting that I use are both very basic pieces and not professional quality by any means.
And, it came to trial and error.  I made many adjustments to the focus of the camera and lighting, moving back and forth between the computer downloads and the camera till everything or at least partials of the design elements came together in some of the photos. These and a few others are the only photos that I have on the pattern - and I can't see the design w/out the aid of the camera-or a magnifying lens and as a matter of fact, I had no idea the florals are found all around the sides till I looked at the pictures
(After a quick scan of Anhua examples on the internet from several museums and major auction houses, spotting the patterns in the photos wasn't a problem, however I was able to do so by expanding the patterns using magnification, much like what I was able to do in posting my photos )

Best,

Kevin
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 07:51:52 pm by Kevin » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: