About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 18, 2024, 08:48:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

You won't believe this

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: You won't believe this  (Read 2051 times)
cshapiro

« on: July 31, 2016, 09:52:38 pm »

Thank you George! I am so thrilled!!!
I can't thank Joey enough about this. When I first emailed him that I'd found a hornbill close to me, he told me that was next to impossible. But I begged him to look at it, and he was shocked when he saw it. He told me that yes, he thought I had found one. Then he told me about the CITEs laws - which I knew nothing about, so I read them carefully and found that again luck was in my favor - the bottle was in my home state so it didn't have to be transported across state lines and it was from an old estate so was imported way before 1975. Then he told me how much he thought I should bid. So armed with all this information, I went to the auction this weekend and got my bird!
Without Joey, this would not have happened.
I have found this is just a wonderful community and you guys are so nice to help a new collector like me!

Thank you!
Report Spam   Logged

Cathy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: