About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 08:50:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Heloo from BArcelona (Catalonia)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heloo from BArcelona (Catalonia)  (Read 1410 times)
albert

« on: June 16, 2016, 06:11:52 am »

Hello friends, I like a lot the snuff bottles, and I want to learn whit you!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

samsonlzj
Private Boards

Beautiful things deserve appreciation

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 08:55:56 am »

Hi Albert! Welcome! This is Samson from Hong Kong! I'm newer than you by 1 month here! Nice to see another snuff bottle fanatic!
Report Spam   Logged

Samson - a young new collector desiring knowledge
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 10:41:17 am »

Dear Albert,

Welcome from me as well.
      I live in Jerusalem, Israel, but spend the summers in Ireland.
There used to be a wonderful couple of snuff bottle collectors in Barcelona, Carlos & Mercedes Soler. They were wonderful people and Carlos was a serious collector. Have you come across them?
Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

albert

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 11:08:18 am »

Hello joey!

Barcelona is a beautiful place! but I don't know anybody who collect snuff bottle here, nowaday is a bad economic moment for the country, and people don't spend money in antiques.
Report Spam   Logged
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 11:44:09 am »

Dear Albert,

When I was there, I loved the chocolate shops in the old city, and bought snuff bottle corks very cheaply in the old pharmacies. The food was great, the Ramblas area was interesting, and I loved Montjuich.
I was also in Sant Feliu, the Costa Brava, and Girona, in addition to Barcelona. I had great visits in Catalonia.

Silvia Soler used to deal in snuff bottles, in Madrid and/or in Barcelona. Is she still doing that?
Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

albert

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 01:12:19 pm »

Hello,

Indeed, now I'm living in Girona; In my own opinion is a more pacefuly and grateful city. but more boring than Barcelona. And la costa Brava is the best coast, but in summer is full of people and I going now and in september or octover.

In the other hand, I don't know If the shop of Silvia is still open, but the last time that i visit the zone, have many shops closed.
Report Spam   Logged
George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 02:04:03 pm »

Welcome to our forum Albert Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
rpfstoneman
Private Boards

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 05:20:58 pm »

Albert, WELCOME!!!!

I'm a snuff bottle collector located along the northern California coast in the USA.  The land of the 'big trees', a timbered rural area located in the heart of the Coastal Redwood Region of California.  I'm an eclectic snuff bottle collector, meaning I'll buy just about anything as long as I see some intrinsic point of interest or beauty in the bottle.  Though I trying to pair down my collecting to dragon & chilong glass designs, blue & white porcelain, organic materials, and interior painted snuff bottles. 

Welcome again, and as my wife would say "Learn Stuff", which is what we are all here for.   

Charll
Report Spam   Logged

Charll K Stoneman, Eureka, California USA, Collector Since 1979.

Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 07:29:45 pm »

Welcome here Albert! I am a collector living in Bangkok. My interest is mainly in middle period inside painted bottles.
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

Private Boards

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 08:23:02 pm »

Dear Albert,

A beautiful small city, in stunning surroundings. I was facinated by the story behind Isaac El Sec in the Call (the Jewish Quarter).
Best,
Joey

Hello,

Indeed, now I'm living in Girona; In my own opinion is a more pacefuly and grateful city. but more boring than Barcelona. And la costa Brava is the best coast, but in summer is full of people and I going now and in september or octover.

In the other hand, I don't know If the shop of Silvia is still open, but the last time that i visit the zone, have many shops closed.
Report Spam   Logged

YT
Private Boards

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 08:24:46 pm »

Warm Welcome Albert.

Hope you can quickly settle your attachment issues and start sharing.

Cheers,
YT
Report Spam   Logged

AntPeople
Private Boards

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 12:40:04 am »

Welcome Albert

My name is Yee Pin and I am from Singapore

Pin
Report Spam   Logged

五花馬,千金裘。呼兒將出換美酒,與爾同銷萬古愁。

http://www.chinese-snuff-bottle.com

Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 01:02:09 am »

Welcome aboard Albert!

You have come to the right place to share your interest in snuff bottles!
I am based in Bangkok.

Tom
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

guest574
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2016, 05:05:06 pm »

Hello Albert:

I am based in Germany; however, my collection was begun in the 1950s by an antiques dealer in New York, and improved by my parents in the 70s - 90s.  The bulk of the collection was sold in 2002 after my mother died, but some of the bottles came to me.

I think it would be cool if there was a European snuff bottle meet up some time.

Welcome to the Forum!

Ted
Report Spam   Logged
Private Boards

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2016, 05:17:05 pm »

There are serious but also sociable collectors in Germany, Norway, UK, Ireland (in the summer - me!), Italy, Netherlands  and Belgium.

But remember, there is a London UK convention the first week of November 2017, at the Corinthia near Trafalgar Sq. But there are much cheaper hotels a short walk from the hotel venue.
Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

guest574
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2016, 05:24:04 pm »

November in London sounds like a real possibility. We could celebrate Patti's birthday.  I will think about it.  Good thing it isn't this year - we are booked through the end of 2016 for all my vacation time.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: