About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 10:25:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Help needed to identify this bottle / Edited.. ID Yong Shou T'ien

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Help needed to identify this bottle / Edited.. ID Yong Shou T'ien  (Read 10879 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: July 15, 2011, 05:47:51 am »

Hi All

Although  I don't collect  anything   pre-1960  (  or  , rather,  more  like   pre-1990)   I am  guessing that there could  be a lot  of  interest   soon in the late  Middle  period   which is  , I assume,  sort  of   1910  - 1930*

*any  input here  from others  more in the know?

Bottles  painted  in this  late  Middle period  do not  seem to be in the  main focus   of the  ICSBS core members,  who     prefer to  collect the  classics  from the   " Main - Middle Period"  i.e.   late  1800's,  so prices  are  still  low  (  US$ 3- 4 K range  with  provenance? )   There  are obviously a finite  number  of  genuine  bottles  in existence  from this  period    therefore  any  such bottle  will  eventually appreciate .  So this could  be a  good area  to   collect, and to  build  up   expertise  on what is genuine and  what is not

( Just  my   10 cents  worth)

Cheers  Peter 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: