About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 03:35:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Question about cinnabar boxes and other cinnabar items

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about cinnabar boxes and other cinnabar items  (Read 2155 times)
ileney

« on: November 22, 2017, 09:50:25 am »

Thank you Joey. I am beginning to suspect my parents got a really great bargain for me. In any case, I am super excited by how nice some of these things look in my condo. My favorite items so far are deeply carved and gilted wood panels which may possibly have some old cinnabar paint on them. I plan to hang them in a pattern in my entry foyer (some of the panels shown below). They claim  they haven't sent me the nicest things because they are too fragile and large (pots and lacquer trays and display plates, I think), so they want me to pack them myself next time I visit (or I'll just have UPS deal with it). I posted a picture of the panels. Maybe they were from beds originally?

* IMG_8200.JPG (144.65 KB, 640x480 - viewed 46 times.)

* IMG_8198.JPG (110.29 KB, 640x480 - viewed 35 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: