About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 04:14:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Butterflies Porcelain Bottle

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterflies Porcelain Bottle  (Read 1737 times)
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2016, 04:41:57 am »

That's odd.

I was still a member of the Hong Kong Snuff Bottle Society in 1975 (or was it already, "The FIRST International Chinese Snuff Bottle Society" ?!  They changed their name a few times Grin),  but I don't remember being offered this bottle.

I had the Li Tieh-kai bottle, the Mao-Nixon bottle, and the Pat Nixon Camellia bottle. I even bought the standing mandarin figural bottle by the 'Hall of Benevolent Integrity', which Keynes promoted (probably collecting a 'brown envelope' along the way  Roll Eyes).

Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2016, 05:19:10 am »

Dear Joey,

Maybe someone used the wrong type of brown envelope that time....so that less butterflies 'flew'.   Grin

Tom
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

Private Boards

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2016, 05:34:20 am »

Grin Grin Grin

Joey
Report Spam   Logged

YT
Private Boards

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2016, 06:06:59 am »

Dear Joey,

That's the 1975 journal. You can see it on pg15.

Dear Tom,

Looks to be further depreciating. A good time to look at London auctions now.

Cheers,
YT
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2016, 08:28:28 am »

Dear YT,

Better get there quick. After a few more Jihadi outrages in the EU, you will be able to see the Euro take a nosedive, and the UK£ get back up where it belongs.
     Even if that lefty bast*rd George Soros (to my shame born an MOT, though he hates Israel and helps Islamists) tries, he won't be able to hurt the UK£.
     When the UK refused to enter the Eurozone, the UK£ went down, and returned higher a few months later. Same thing now.
Best,
Joey
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 10:20:08 am by Joey » Report Spam   Logged

YT
Private Boards

« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2016, 09:13:14 am »

Dear Joey,

I have bought US$ against Euro since end last year and have lost quite a bit. Euro is not strong, just US$ is too weak and Yellen relies on too much data/analysts.

Will be fabulous if what you predict happens although not at the expense of people's lives.

Cheers,
YT
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2016, 11:28:52 am »

Dear YT,

With Jihadis in the mix, you are guaranteed that innocent people will lose their lives.
And innocents as I understand the term - ANYONE who does not attempt to kill, maim, rape or terrorise others.
Not as the Moslem prez in the White House uses the term - innocent means Moslems; no others are 'innocent', by definition.

The question is, are we going to 'clean house' BEFORE they commit a lot more and bigger massacres, or AFTER. And you are in Singapore, sandwiched between 62% Moslem Malaysia and 88% Moslem Indonesia.
 Good Luck,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: