About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 16, 2024, 04:06:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Sharing another lacquer bottle

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sharing another lacquer bottle  (Read 1190 times)
Fiveroosters aka clayandbrush
Private Boards

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2016, 03:32:57 pm »

I am not sure if I have been understood correctly. Let see. The layers are thin layers applied on the body. So each layer is absolutely parallel to the layer below it, until reaching the body. So each layer is parallel to the body. Right? There are no doubt about that. Now dear Marcos, the direction of the petals as you have shown in your two last pictures is at about 45 degrees from the AXIS of the bottle, or from its base if you wish. But at that position the petals are parallel to the outer surface of the ovoid body, if we could see it. Don’t you agree? So, the layers within the recessed area of each petal MUST look like those seen in the picture that you took from the website  https://www.realorrepro.com/article/Cinnabar, i.e more or less concentric oblong circles. The only areas on which we should see the layers stacked as we see on the petals of your bottle are the vertical areas (vertical referred to the surface of the body) like for example the sides of the character Shou.
Giovanni
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: