About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 12:35:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Cannot identify the artist on this bottle.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot identify the artist on this bottle.  (Read 5527 times)
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2016, 09:46:12 am »

Dear Steven,

I think George means 'early' for Shandong School, NOT for Inside Painting.
       Inside Painting started late 18th C. (YF Yang has a bottle dated 1797 (Ding Si), 2nd year Jiaqing Emperor), and Early Period continued till ca.1850. 
       Shandong School started in the late Middle Period (ca.1890), to the best of my recollection (from reading; I wasn't there then. Roll Eyes Cheesy).
Best,
Joey

Nice photos Marcos, altho I still can't see any signature on it, but its fun bottle to talk through.Smiley

-George, My question is that if the bottle was a early bottle, then it has to be 1808 instead of 1868,I don't call 1868 as early period .so the glass bottle itself need to be dated late 18th C-very early 19th ., but so far, I have not seen any shandong glass overlay bottle dated that early. but it could be some existing, we just don't know...

-YT, I agree that most of early bottles were painted in the crystal bottles as a rule, could it be some exceptions?

Steven
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:00:15 am by Joey » Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: