About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 11:34:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

IPB Artists can blossom in late life

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: IPB Artists can blossom in late life  (Read 3367 times)
George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 02:17:42 pm »

Thought I recognized the name Yi Ding..

So just to add to the Yi Ding signed bottles confussion.. 

EBay seller dfc_greatdealer sells Yi Ding signed bottles quite often. I have not thumbed through all of their present bottles, but here is one bird/floral scene..

This is the seller who told me they have a shop in Shanghai as well.

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2011, 07:53:27 pm »

Hi George,

If  I am not  mistaken, the    name signed  is    Xiao Ding ( =  "Little  Ding") not Yi Ding

But in any  case  : this  is just a   factory grade bottle,  both by the     quality and the  price.

Yi Ding /  Nei Lei   would  never  sign  ina bottle  like this.

Cheers    Peter.
Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2011, 09:11:54 pm »

That does not surprise me Peter..

It's not the first ime that this seller has wrongly described the artist within the description of their bottles...

Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2011, 09:03:21 am »

Hi

I think the spirits  of  the   M-IPB  world  must be  having a  party   up there at the  great  Hengshui   Studio in the   sky

Having  posted   what I did  below,  saying that    what purported  to be   " Yi  Ding  一 丁" was in fact  signed  "  Xiao Ding  "  (Chinese character image Little  Ding ) as far as  I could  see from the   ebay   website  pic ,   to day  I met a   REAL   Xiao  Ding (   = Little  Ding)  (Chinese character image Little  Ding)!

NO JOKE !

I had  heard that this months's artist-of-the-month  at CAC  Star House was a pupil of Fu Guoshun called Ding Xing Biao (Chinese character image Ding Xing Biao )   whose  name  appeared  no-where  at all  on my  DB . His  pen name  is   Bai Shi  Chinese characters image Bai Shi , which  also  is no-where  in my   DB   ( so much  for  my  DB ! )

I went to  meet  him   today  . He's   a youngish-looking and  very handsome, well-spoken  guy, born  1972,  so  39  years  old.  Amazing that  his name  has  never come  up  before  in any books  or journals that  I have seen.   He  had brought a lot  of   well-painted  bottles  in many different   styles which are  not my   collecting themes, and many bottles   in  natural   crystal   with inclusions , which of  course  immediately  puts the  price up  by  min.  US$ 1K , because that what these   type  of     raw  bottles  cost to buy.  I had almost  given up   seeing any bottle  I   could be interested  in when  I spotted  a   really  lovely  Chinese  landscape  in   just  simple   black/ white   with a trace  of  red. Beautiful !  And   the longer  I looked   at it  the more  I admired  it .   Fortunately  it  was  in man-made   crystal   so the  price   was   quite OK  ( less than US$ 1K) , in fact  very  cheap considering the   quality of the   painting    and  that    Ding Xingbiao  would only   get  a proportion of what I paid   after  CAC's  commission.

When   I got home  I looked in even more  detail, and there  on  one side - to my  astonishment  - it  was signed  "Xiao Ding'   !  The other side  was signed  Bai  Shi. 

So  here  is  the  REAL   Xiao  Ding, but  certainly  not the  Xiao Ding  on  ebay .  Ding  Xingbiao's work  in a  totally different  league  - and price  category  ( I am  talking  US$   thousands   for his prime  bottles)

Cheers   Peter
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 12:11:46 pm by Bottle Guy » Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2011, 12:16:47 pm »

Remember... We can not post any foreign text within the forum..  Wink

Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
Max
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2011, 01:32:31 pm »

You are all amazingly knowledgable, I feel so ignorant beside you and am really pleased to be allowed to post here. Thank you, this is an enlightenment!
Report Spam   Logged
George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2011, 03:53:10 pm »

You are all amazingly knowledgable, I feel so ignorant beside you and am really pleased to be allowed to post here. Thank you, this is an enlightenment!

Trust me Max... Your not alone !

I find myself hanging on the shirt tails of these guys !

They are full of knowledge and expertise !!
Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2011, 02:50:28 am »

Re  Rui  Zhi  : I am wondering  if  this  was  Zhang  Limin  passing  his  early  bottles   to   Nei Lei , who  then signed  " Rui Zhi"  in them.   ZLM  did  tell me  that  in the  past   he  gave some   unsigned  bottles  to "another  person"   who  signed  his name  before they  went  out  to the  market.   Nei Lei / Yi Ding  has  close  contacts   with Ms  Wang's  shop  in SH, and also    Ms  Wang  has  close contacts  with   Da  Yong ( =  Zhang Yong ,  teacher  of   ZLM). So it  seems  there's a  kind of  incestuous    group  there , and   maybe   Rui  Zhi  is  some kind  of  shared  pen name .

In any case ,  ZLM  is a   fast-rising  super-star  !

Cheers,  Peter

I think most members here are on David's mailing list and receiving pics of bottles as he puts them up auction for his Snuff Bottle Club members.

Just in case though.. Want to share this Zhang Yong signed bottle .

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:09:13 am by Bottle Guy » Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2011, 03:07:35 am »

Yes... this is a beauty....
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2012, 09:24:50 am »

The info I've read a number of times on Ding Xiaobing, always has me wanting to see more work, and buy his work.
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2012, 09:41:53 am »

That bottle  below  in the  string   via  David  Osborne   (Zhang  Yong)   is  now  in my hands as  I  type  this

It  was a  one-in-a-lifetime   foray  by  Zhang Yong  into  copy-painting,   after  which  he  developed  his  own   style  of   semi-abstract     painting   subjects

Cheers   Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2012, 09:38:54 am »

Peter,
  Could you post your landscape by 'Xiao Ding' ? I'd love to see it. If it is on your database, please let me know how to access it. Sounds wonderful.
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2012, 06:10:29 pm »

Hi Joey

Look for  Ding Xingbiao  in the   database

Here's the  pic

Cheers  Peter

* CC Ding Xingbiao Bottle Purchased @ CAC (7.2011)(A).jpg (277.45 KB, 574x1024 - viewed 21 times.)

* CC Ding Xingbiao Bottle Purchased @ CAC (7.2011)(B).JPG (254.63 KB, 495x1024 - viewed 14 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2012, 01:19:14 am »

Peter,  WOW!
   That is a STUNNING landscape! Well done, you.  Is his work still available?
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2012, 02:40:55 am »

Hi Joey

Certainly   his   work is  still  available  . I can  ask him to  email  you  his  latest  available  works  (  check  my data base  for  more  examples )

Artists  like  this  are always  painting

But I should point out  that    the  bottle  I bought  from  his last year   was  - by my standards  of   landscapes  - very  so-so.  I only bought  it  to  give him face as  it was the  first time we met.

You need to   delve into  my data  base to   see  the real   thing.  Try  Hu  Xiaoran, Song Yiming,  Fu Guoshun,   Sun Honglin,   Hu Chunhui, Ma Baoku  .....

Cheers   Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2012, 03:59:11 am »

Peter, Thank you. I'll check out those artists on your data base. I thought his work was very good. A bit crowded, possibly, but well painted. I can't wait to see the others, if you think his work is 'just so-so'!
  Be Well, Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: