About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 12:37:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

IPB Artists can blossom in late life

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: IPB Artists can blossom in late life  (Read 3368 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: June 30, 2011, 07:31:15 am »

Hi again  All

I never intended for this   string to  go on  so long, but it  seems  to have  sparked a lot  of  interest, which is   GREAT !

Bottom  line  :   there's  still -  always  will  be -  amazing opportunities   in   Very Modern  IPBs  ( let's  call them  "VMIPB" s  for   short,   meaning  anything painted  post  2000)  

I never   forget my  Spider  bottle which   I  bought  for a  song and  a  dance   a few  years  ago   in  SH  at  Ms  Wang's  original   shop  in the  Yu Gardens   shopping  arcade   before   she  was   was  forced to  move out.    Anyone  -  I  mean  ANYONE -  could see it  was the  work of a genius.   And  I remember  enthusing    to Bill  about  that  bottle.

I still  love that  bottle, and  it  has  pride  of  place  in my  collection.   It's  unique.  THE  best   spider bottle  ever  painted.

The  artist,  Zhang  Limin   aka  Spiderman  aka   Rui  Zi  aka  Yu Ran    aka  Jiang Hua  aka  Xiao Xi     is   an  up-coming  star,  whatever the  plethora  of names  he  has  used   so far  .    I have  in  front of  me  an  exquiste   peacock   painting  by him that  I  begrudged  paying  RMB4,000  for  at  Yantai  in  9.2009,    but  for  which I would  now  happily pay  twice that .

So....  come to  China  !  Bentley's  conducted   Hengshui   tours  ( very)  Ltd   will   take  off in 2013.    Get  yourself to Beijing and  the  rest  leave up to me.  

Cheers   Peter

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: