About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 04:05:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Hair Crystal

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hair Crystal  (Read 823 times)
AntPeople
Private Boards

« on: January 14, 2016, 11:50:43 pm »

Hi All :

Sharing a rutilated crystal bottle

Traffic seems to be quite slow these few weeks..... anyway, enjoy... Grin and comments are most welcome !!

Pin
Report Spam   Logged

五花馬,千金裘。呼兒將出換美酒,與爾同銷萬古愁。

http://www.chinese-snuff-bottle.com

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 11:57:27 pm »

Hi Pin,

An attractive looking bottle. Any more information?
Height of bottle? Top and bottom views?

Thanks,
Tom
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 12:15:07 am »

Hi Pin,

Very nice bottle,and beautiful stopper too. Congratulations!

Steven
Report Spam   Logged

AntPeople
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 12:52:05 am »

Hi Tom :

The bottle is 2,3/4 inches.. I will see if I have time to take more pictures of the foot rim and post them

Pin
Report Spam   Logged

五花馬,千金裘。呼兒將出換美酒,與爾同銷萬古愁。

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 04:27:56 am »

That's a  truly  lovely  bottle !
Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 09:50:59 am »

Very pretty indeed !

When you have time, would like to see a pic of the base ..  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
AntPeople
Private Boards

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 07:16:54 am »

Hi All :

Another hair crystal bottle.... and I really like this myself

Any comments are most welcome.....

Pin
Report Spam   Logged

五花馬,千金裘。呼兒將出換美酒,與爾同銷萬古愁。

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 07:26:23 am »

WOW !

Again apologies  to  All   for  being  off-line  for   so  long. 

I have  been  on a  long quest for private matters that  do not need  to  bother  this Forum

But this   amazing hair-crystal  bottle  prompts  me  to   rise  to the   surface   again  Grin

A   couple  of  years   ago  Song  Yiming  came to my  home  in HK  and   showed  me  two   totally  amazing  hair   crystal   bottles    -  I  hope the  pics   attach  OK 

The  "wolf  +  moon"  bottle  was   "out of this   world"   

I  dared to  ask  SYM the  price   but  he  said it  was  "not  for  sale" and   when I pressed  him  further  he  kind  of  hinted  at a  price   something  above  RMB 60K.    If  I  was   rich  enough  I would  have  bought  the  bottle  on the   spot. 

This  reminds  me  of  two   epic  adventures   in  my  little   history  of  VMIPB  collecting  with a  poor-man's  budget

1.   My    epic  purchase  of   what  was  - and   still  I believe  is  -  Fu Guoshun's  lifetime  masterpiece.
That's the  bottle  I  use  as  my  icon  on the   Forum.  I cannot  imagine a  more  beautiful  bottle   and when  I   finally  persuaded  Master  Fu to sell it  to me that  was  the  most I  ever  paid  for  any  VMIPB  in all my life.

But it  was  worth  it  ! 

Please    don't  even   ask  what  I paid  and   what that  bottle  is now  worth  today.

2.  Going  back to  hair  crystals  and   SYM   is  my  prime  bottle  P159 

Joey has  seen this   truly  amazing bottle  and  he will  surely  attest  to  both its  elegant  beauty, simplicity,   extreme detail .... and  just  WOW !

I am now  ashamed  that  I  bargained  this  bottle   down  to the  pitiful  price  I  finally  paid after   a  period  of  almost   2  years  negotiation,  month by  month, while  it was  on   open display   at a  VMIPB    shop  in the  hotel   shopping arcade  next to  our   contract   hotel  in  BJ  (the  Landmark  Hotel,  opposite  the  Great  Wall  Hotel) 

I cannot  even  begin to   think   how  I   left  this   pure  "Jewel"  there   for    almost 2  years,  awaiting  a  more  clever and   astute  purchaser    than me.

But I  indeed  was    so   foolish   at the   time  , and "thank  heaven"   that  I  finally   scooped  up the   scoop  of a lifetime   in   my  pre-collecting   naivety

I  count this   totally  amazing  bottle  as  my single  ever  greatest "find".   If  SYM  had  painted  that bottle   today   in   such  a  beautiful   a  hair  crystal  bottle  (and it  really   is  hair  crystal  although my catalog  photo   does  not show  it  clearly)  it  would   sell for   RMB 200,000   or  even  more   - maybe   US$100 K   to a   determined buyer  of  such  top   quality work. 

No need  to  speculate !   

That  bottle will  never  go on sale  until  long  after  my  death,  and  perhaps  not even  then  if  my son  has the   good  sense  to treasure  it  for a  generation  and  until   when  Song  Yiming is  written  in the  all-time  VMIPB  Hall  of  Fame

Such is   the  wonder  of  collecting

Cheers

Peter

* Song Yiming Crystal Bottle (8.2013) #1.jpg (107.2 KB, 400x640 - viewed 50 times.)

* Song Yiming Crystal Bottle (8.2013) #2.jpg (100.38 KB, 424x640 - viewed 26 times.)

* Copy of P159(A).jpg (235.68 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 33 times.)

* Copy of P159(B).jpg (253.56 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 20 times.)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 10:08:15 am by Peter Bentley 彭达理 » Report Spam   Logged

Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 07:50:22 am »

Wonderful bottle. I like the gradual increase in density of the 'hairs' towards the top.
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 10:13:28 am »

Wonderful bottle. I like the gradual increase in density of the 'hairs' towards the top.

Copy Tom's comments ! and I love the bottle. Congratulations Pin!!
Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 12:45:32 pm »

A stunning bottle indeed !!  Everything about it is just , well....... , perfect !

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Fiveroosters aka clayandbrush
Private Boards

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 04:37:07 am »

Dear Pin,
I like both bottles, very nice.
Giovanni
Report Spam   Logged

rpfstoneman
Private Boards

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2016, 03:30:41 pm »

Pin,

OK now that the Forum is up and running again I hope you are showing this wonderful hair crystal bottle with the jadeite stopper because you were high bidder and have added to your collection.  I remember this one from the December 3rd auction and was bidding on it myself.  As based on the pictures this is one of the better hair crystal bottles that I've seen in a while.  I also noted that the stopper collar is a beveled bead spacer likely from an old necklace.  Pin, do you know whether the collar ivory or a stone?   Anyway, a beautiful bottle that most anyone of us would like to have.  Thanks for posting it.   

Charll
Report Spam   Logged

Charll K Stoneman, Eureka, California USA, Collector Since 1979.

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 03:37:15 am »

Dear Pin,

Both Tourmalinated Quartz ('Hair Crystal') bottles are really good. Congratulations.
I'd love to see the detail of the taotie.
Best,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

AntPeople
Private Boards

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2016, 08:36:28 am »

Hi Charll

The collar seems organic, definitely not stone. But I am not sure if it's ivory or bone...

I will take pictures when my baby give me permission to do so...

Pin
Report Spam   Logged

五花馬,千金裘。呼兒將出換美酒,與爾同銷萬古愁。

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: