About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 09:18:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Share A Museum With Snuff Bottle Collections In Your Area !

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Share A Museum With Snuff Bottle Collections In Your Area !  (Read 2280 times)
Tom B.
Private Boards

« on: June 05, 2016, 06:39:18 pm »

Dear Joey,

You are correct. To my defense the enamels are surprisingly convincing and Crane roundels have been used in China since the Ming dynasty.  Of course the shape of the neck should have told me, but the museum "expert" had hands-on experience.  Over the years I have occasionally found mistakes in Museum attributions, but generally tend to accept them. This is another museum mistake.

I searched for the Trammell and Margaret Crow Collection and only found this:

http://morikami.org/exhibits/small-wonders-japanese-snuff-bottles/

They have a collection search for the museum in Dallas, but no snuff bottles.
Report Spam   Logged

Best regards,

Tom B.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: