About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 07:54:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Connecting with the ICSBS

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Connecting with the ICSBS  (Read 1494 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: June 16, 2011, 09:23:20 am »

Hi All

I  have  received  some  very  positive  responses    from    some   of   the   top   ICSBS   collectors  who  were   at  the  opening  of  the   Wang Xisan  Museum  on  27.5.2011    regarding   opening  up   the   WORLD  of   Very  Modern  Bottles  (  "VM"  =  painted     rougly  post   2000 , but that   date  could   easily    and  justifiably   be  post-dated   to  1990  )

I am  actively  networking   with  these   collectors ,  but  you  must  please  understand  I cannot    copy  every  email  to the  Forum

My   very  sincere  thanks   go   to  George  for  initating this   Forum, without   which   probably  not   much would  be  happening   in the   greater   world  of  Modern  School  Bottles, except , of  course,  for  Bill's   fantastic   website 

Cheers   Peter

PS :  welcome    comments  by  private   email  as  well  as  on  the   Forum

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 11:03:27 am »

Finally a post to read !!   Cheesy

That is pretty exciting about the VM feedback Peter !  Your on to something !!

Also.., completely understand how it would be impossible and impracticle to communicate email between yourself and the artists..

I did send an email to the ICSBS just yesterday.. It was brief. Asking for the opportunity to share the forum with ICSBS members.

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 12:12:19 pm »

Hi  George

My   email   related  to     correspodence    with    ICSBS      members   rather  than to any    " VM"    artists

I would  appreciate  to be  able  to   talk to  you  by  phone     if  you    would   send  me  your    number  by  private email

Cheers   Peter 

Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 09:41:09 pm »

Hi  George

We   had   a  long  telecon last night  (my  time  =   your  morning)

Your  initiative  in setting  up this   Forum  with  such a  user-friendly   software is   totally    amazing, and I take  off my hat  to  you

In my correspodence   with some   ICSBS    members  I   asked them  to join the   Forum .  After  all,  why  should  I  ( or  others, like  Bill )   spend   hours, days    writing  some  scholarly     articles   for  the   ICSBS   if  the   key members  do not  take the   trouble  to  relate   to us  on this   Forum  , where  the    REAL  VM   action  is  going  on  ?

BTW  :  I  think  that the  " VM"    date   should  be  moved  back  to   1990. 

Heck... I  wish  I had  started  collecting  15  years  ago  in the   mid  1990's    instead   of     just    5  years  ago   in the mid   2000's

But  maybe   -  just  maybe  -  if    fate   had  allowed me to   start  collecting   15  years  ago  I  would  not  be  so  passionate   about  the   post 2000  painters , and  thus  to  champion their   cause

What the   heck  :  it's the   easiest  thing  in the   world  to  use the  internet  these days,  and  your   Forum  has  proved  it

Again,  so many  thanks  George

Cheers  Peter

Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 10:03:15 pm »

Thank you Peter..

As I mentioned on the phone with you, I am having way to much fun here. Learning so much from you and others here.

I can't say enough how it is current members like yourself, and other actively participating members that are making this forum so interesting, educational, and just a whole lot of fun.

You guys are what is presently making now, and will be the reason for it's success in the future !

So I thank you and everyone else here for participating with such passion !

I changed the VM dates from 2000 to 1990.

I really enjoyed talking on the phone with you today !  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 02:35:27 am »

Hi  All

I penned  off  a  very  long   reply on this issue, but then   somehow  lost  it  due   to  an  inadvertant   button push

ADVICE  :   pen  your  long  and  deeply-held    postings  in word-doc  and  then     cc/ post  on the   Forum   when    ready  to  do so

If  there  any  other   ICSBS  members   out   there  on this   Forum,  please  jump   up and  say  "Hi"

Otherwise   this   Forum  is surely  going to  become the   future  venue  of   all    collectors  world-wide    of     real    VERY  MODERN IPB   ( IPB =   INSIDE PAINTED  (snuff)  BOTTLE)

Cheers

Peter
Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 03:13:24 am »

If  there  any  other   ICSBS  members   out   there  on this   Forum,  please  jump   up and  say  "Hi"

Otherwise   this   Forum  is surely  going to  become the   future  venue  of   all    collectors  world-wide    of     real    VERY  MODERN IPB   ( IPB =   INSIDE PAINTED  (snuff)  BOTTLE)

Cheers

Cheers to that Peter !  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 09:13:42 pm »

First off..

Huge special thank you to Peter .. Recently Peter donated a very generous donation towards supporting the forum, and also paid for my annual membership to the ICSBS !

Thank you again Peter..  Smiley

Now..

Received my first journal with the membership. The journal has listed those members who are dealers, but no listing of regular members. No way to contact and share bottle collecting experiences with other ICSBS members.

Does anyone know of a way we can meet other regular members ?

Also... Does anyone here have a journal that has part one of "The World In A Bottle In The World At The End Of The Qing Empire."? I am guessing it would be in the previous journal to the Spring edition that has part two.

If so, maybe take some pics of the pages within and forward them to me so I can type out the article and copy the bottle pics. Or possibly mail it to me and will return it promptly after I get the article added to the forum ?

Hope everyone is doing a-ok... !

Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 09:26:16 pm »

Hi  George

You will in due  course  get    a  members'  handbook  with    names  and addresses/ emails  of  all members  (  +   annual  updated  book)

Also, I think  you  will get    back copies  of the  Journal  for    this   year.  Anyway, I have  back copies  going back 2  years,  so  I should  have the  article   part  1  you  are  looking for, and if  so  I can scan an email

But , before  you  publish  it  on the  Forum  I advise to    first check  with the  ICSBS  re  copyright

Cheers  Peter
Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 12:16:46 am »

But , before  you  publish  it  on the  Forum  I advise to    first check  with the  ICSBS  re  copyright

Cheers  Peter

If you think it best then I better check with them about the part two I already posted.

I tend to believe that since copying here could be considered non profit. Sort of a grey area, but I don't want to get any feathers ruffled, so will drop them a line right away just to make sure.

Thanks for the heads up..  Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 01:37:11 am »

Woow.. I am gone 2 days, with a week of nothing going on, and now look at all this.  Still waiting for the first ICSBS member (besides the 2 of you) to show up here,... I admire you guys for your passion.  For me it sort of high and low because of all my travel and activities, but I gotta tell ya, my bottles are what keeps me sane sometimes.  I just paid for the equivalent of a very nice (and probably not so small) addition to my collection of IPBs in taxes (old or VM..) to the US govt for things I dont get to enjoy since I have lived abroad 2/3 of my life, and never intend to return to live.
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

snuffbottlecollector

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 07:27:16 pm »

George,
I'm not sure that "non-profit" status is a sufficient justification to re-publish copyrighted material. If it were you would see a monumental jump in the information on www.snuffbottlecollector.com
Report Spam   Logged
George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 07:34:46 pm »

George,
I'm not sure that "non-profit" status is a sufficient justification to re-publish copyrighted material.

You may well be right Bill ..  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: