About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 05:06:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Ji School Artists 1990 - about 2005

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Ji School Artists 1990 - about 2005  (Read 1795 times)
Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« on: October 29, 2015, 04:54:38 pm »

Thanks Steve for you insights!

Yes, I love the Yizi bottle, both Dad & Son's bottles are not focus on the detail of painting, but the strokes, very fluent ...

Your two bottles do have a lot of influence from Ren Bonian, specially the way the figures were painted.

I have to stand correct that the two figures on my Ziyi bottles are from 'The water Margin ' instead of ' Romance of three Kingdoms' The one standing back is ' Ling Chong' altho I don't know who is the guy in the front .Smiley

Yes, I would love to touch base with Li Yizi if you don't mind send me a private message of his email address.

Best!

Steven
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: