About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 16, 2024, 03:15:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Baby Bottle with Macro

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Baby Bottle with Macro  (Read 955 times)
rpfstoneman
Private Boards

« on: September 24, 2015, 06:53:03 pm »

Well Pin, it took some effort and appropriate documentation by photos in your last post, but I'm now convinced the bottle is indeed hand painted.  Just goes to show how wonderful the paint technique and methods are getting these days.  When I first saw how perfect the design in the clothing was followed and how the image ended against the clear glass, it left me questioning as to whether the bottle was surely a photo processed image.  That being said, I've purchase some IPBs and it's taken me some effort to set them up under the right lighting and magnification to convince me that they were all hand painted.  With all the available painting methods now a days some artists are doing outstanding image replications.  This only leaves me to question at some level as to whether the image reproduction quality is getting so good to the detriment of artistic liberty.  

Regardless, the bottle with the the image of your child is and always will be a treasured keepsake.  

Charll  
Report Spam   Logged

Charll K Stoneman, Eureka, California USA, Collector Since 1979.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: