About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 03:22:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

I Am The Mountain Peak by Zhang Yong

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I Am The Mountain Peak by Zhang Yong  (Read 551 times)
AntPeople
Private Boards

« on: September 19, 2015, 06:44:56 am »

Hi All :

Today I took pictures of the 2nd bottle that ZY send to me to sell in a Singapore gallery....... Let me know any pointer to improve on my bottle photography too..... thanks

Enjoy...

Pin
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 10:30:55 am by AntPeople » Report Spam   Logged

五花馬,千金裘。呼兒將出換美酒,與爾同銷萬古愁。

http://www.chinese-snuff-bottle.com

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 09:25:51 am »

Hi  Pin

I seriously    doubt  if  this  bottle was  actually  painted  by  Da  Yong

It  looks  to me  like a  knock -off   copy  (in the  same   style  as )  Sun  Honglin

Check my  data  base  under   Sun  Honglin for  all  his  published    works  !   

If  you   check  round  the  Nanyang    group  in  S'pore   you   will   find  very  many  genuine   Sun  Honglin    bottles.

For a   while   I was   competing  with  the   top  collectors  in the  S'Pore  Nanyang  Group   for  the  best of the  best  of  SHL's   works  (so  it's  no  surprise  that  I  featured   some  of  his  best  works    which  I personally collected  in my   ICSBS  article  part 2  )

I  recall  once  going to   SHL's  home /  studio    and  seeing   some  of  his  new  bottles  in the  making.   He  "boasted"   that  "no-one   could   copy  his    unique  style"      But then  I  walked    across  the    road  to the   WXS   shop  and   actually  bought  an  almost  perfect   replica of  one  of  SHL's  published  best  works    for  just  RMB 360   (I  still  keep the  price  tag  on the  bottle  base   as  evidence !)   whereas  at that  time  I was  paying  SHL   RMB 10K  per  bottle  (nowdays  RMB 20K  per  bottle  last  time  I  asked)

The  bottle  I  bought   from the   WXS  shop  was  clearly  signed  Wu  Weitao  -  an  upcoming  junior  artist   whom,  I am sure ,  will  soon  figure  highly  (In fact  I  think he  joined  the   Qin  School  in  Xian )

So there  was  absolutely  no  intent  by  WXS  and  his shop  /   students    to  plagiarize   SHL's    own   original  works

I  think  that  DY  is  taking  you  for a   ride,  very  sorry  to   say

It's  a  very  nice  bottle  and  I  like  it.  But    I  am certain  it's  not  painted  by  DY  himself  and  it's   worth  at most a   few   RMB  K 

Cheers

Peter

* P213(A).jpg (287.06 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 30 times.)

* P213(B).jpg (280.42 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 33 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 09:26:15 am »

Beautiful paintings Pin..

Thank you again for sharing !
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 10:27:32 am »

Hi   All

It  truly   grieves  me   to have  to  refute    what  Pin has   posted

But  I am  sorry  to   say that  major   scams   persist

The  Jiang Liuhua   scam   was THE biggest   in Singapore  after  the  LSB  scam .

I  hold some   smoking  guns   for  "Jiang Liuhua"   aka    DY    aka  actually   Zhang  Limin

PLEASE  -  I  beg  you  all   -  prove  me   wrong     and  I  will  humbly   recant

Cheers

Peter
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 10:34:30 am by Peter Bentley 彭达理 » Report Spam   Logged

AntPeople
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 11:01:52 am »

The title of this bottle comes from a profound Chinese verse

山高人为峰,海阔心无界。

Translating it literally....

山高人为峰 = The mountain is high, but the peak is a person (Which usually means the author himself or most often.... the person that the author is praising with this verse)
The meaning of this verse is....... if someone works hard, he will reach the peak of whatever field he strive in.

海阔心无界 = The wide ocean is like a heart that has no shore.... Meaning, if someone has a benevolent heart, his soul will be as peaceful as the deep blue ocean....forgiving and forgetting and to love with the best hope again.

This verse become quite famous when Zhang DaQian 张大干 friend wrote a modified version of it and gave it to him.

山至高处人为峰,海到尽头天是岸”。

A little more words added to make it to 7 words for a couplet.

Pin

« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 07:18:30 pm by AntPeople » Report Spam   Logged

五花馬,千金裘。呼兒將出換美酒,與爾同銷萬古愁。

http://www.chinese-snuff-bottle.com

Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 11:32:50 pm »

Beautiful bottle Pin, whoever the REAL artist may be.
I love these monochrome landscapes.

Tom
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 10:44:39 am »

Hi  Tom

Yes a  beautiful   work    and  I  love  it 

I  think  you   already    have   a   copy   of  my DB  (if not  so  the    fixed   price is is  US$ 500  )

No  negotiation   .   Pay  by  payPal

But  I  can  almost   certainly  vouch  for  the   fact   that  is  not a   ZY  personally -  painted  bottle

As   to   who the  real  genius     artist  is    will  spark  off another Spiderman  Man Hunt  in Hengshui

I  now  realize  that  many  of   my 330   bottles   are   fakes  ( I  mean  fake signed    but   actually  painted  by  genius   students )  The     few  ones  I  can  totally  vouch  for    are  those    bought     through  (and  in many cases  painted  by)    Li  Shouxun   , which  is maybe     why a   great  part   of  Bill  Patrick's    collection is  based    on  LSX  and  his  students   works

But  I   think  -  I am  certain   -  that   every  one  of  my  SYM   and  Hu  Xiaoran  and   Sun  Honglin  bottles   are the   REAL    THING.

Especially  dear   SYM    one  of the  greatest    artists   alive  today.   None  can  mimic  his   unique   style  and   extraordinary    attention to  detail

Cheers

Peter

Peter
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 10:50:37 am by Peter Bentley 彭达理 » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: