About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 06:13:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

The origin of the names of the 5 Modern Schools of Inside Painting

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The origin of the names of the 5 Modern Schools of Inside Painting  (Read 2046 times)
Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 09:47:11 pm »

Great info.  Thanks Inn Bok!  Any idea on the pen name(s) she is using? 
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2015, 05:17:32 am »

Hi All

Time  to  get  back into the  Forum....  apologies  for  my  long absence !

Technically  this  should  be the   6th  School  because the  Qin School (  Xian  /  Zhang Tieshan)  is the official  5th  School, as  outlined  in my   2014  presentation  to the  ICSBS.

Last year  I  stumbled  across Ms  Sun Hong Yan ( 孙鸿雁 ) because   she  is  featured  at the   tail end  of  a  very recent  book  of  VMIPB  "Master Artists"  (published  by  CA Design  :   2013 /2014?)   which  was  obviously  sponsored  by  Zhang  Guangqing  and the  Lu  School. 

I have  this  book  but  I have  not  yet  scanned  it  and  added to  my  DB

( Strangely -  in the  English  version  of  her  bio  in the  book  she  was  referred  to as   a  "he" !  I  took a  double  take  of the  photo  and  asked  CA  Design if  this  attractive  lady   artist  was  really a  "he"  and  was  relieved to  find  it  was a  mis-print )

Ms  Song  has  a  very  individualistic  style .  Rather  like  Liu Yizi .   Personally,  I  am not  too keen  on  it ,  but  I feel  it  could  grow  on me.

I have a  scanned  copy  of  her  latest  brochure  (2014)  which  I can  email  at  high-res  to anyone who is   interested

In fact  Ms  Song  joined the   2014  ICSBS  Convention  in HK  as  an  artist-exhibitor  and  that's where  I  first met  her in person (and  thus got  her  latest  brochure  and name card) .  She  had  several bottles  on  display  -  some  of  which were   those  illustrated in the  Lu  School   book  (or   repeat  versions  thereof) .

I  tentatively asked  about  one landscape   bottle  which  I   was  interested  in  and  she  said  "20,000"
I asked  "Do you mean  HK$20,000  or  RMB 20,000 ?" 

She  replied  "US$20,000"  ..... ! 

End of  conversation!!!

Cheers

Peter

PS:  As  far as  I know  Ms  Sun has  no  pen name

« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:29:16 am by Peter Bentley 彭达理 » Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2015, 07:52:47 am »

Dear Inn Bok & George,
    Thank you both.
Shabbat Shalom,
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: