About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 07:21:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Zhang Yongs Student Bottles

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zhang Yongs Student Bottles  (Read 995 times)
AntPeople
Private Boards

« on: September 15, 2015, 06:31:14 am »

Hi All :

I have asked Zheng Yong on his latest work and also if he could show me some of his student works. He send me quite a lot of pictures !!

This bottle is a story from 水浒传 (Water Margin Heroes)..... call 生辰纲. The artist is 娄山 (Luo Shan)

This bottle is a scene from The Battle of Fei Shui (淝水之战) whereby the Jin army although largely outnumbered won over the Qin Army at this place call Fei Shui..... Same artist LS

This bottle is Qianlong Emperor in battle armor..... both the original drawing is from Castiglione. The artist is Qi Heng Yue (齐衡跃)

Got to go........3 bottles for a start........

ZY told me that these are newly painted bottles and if any one is interested in the bottles, you can PM me and I can ask ZY on your behalf.

Enjoy....

Pin
Report Spam   Logged

五花馬,千金裘。呼兒將出換美酒,與爾同銷萬古愁。

http://www.chinese-snuff-bottle.com

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 10:59:17 am »

Hi Pin

Great  stuff !   Many thanks !!

Please  keep them  coming !

Cheers
Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 11:16:38 am »

Wow, That is really something... I love the 1st and last one, the second one is painted very well, but I don't like the shape of the bottle.

Thanks for sharing!

Steven
Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 11:39:15 am »

Really beautiful paintings !

I also like the first, and second the most.. 
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 04:36:41 am »

Thanks Pin,

I like the first and second best for their subject matter, although not so keen on the second bottle's shape.....to much like a fish bowl.

Tom
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

AntPeople
Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 07:02:02 am »

3 bottles from the Journey to the West.... by 宇杰 (Yu Jie).

Pin
Report Spam   Logged

五花馬,千金裘。呼兒將出換美酒,與爾同銷萬古愁。

http://www.chinese-snuff-bottle.com

Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 09:41:24 am »

Very nice bottles!!

Technique wise the students already achieved very high standard, not less than the old masters, I guess that  they need to be more creative to stand out in the Modern IP field.

Steven

Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 01:49:25 pm »

Really amazing paintings..

What Steven suggests make very good sense..

Thanks again for sharing these Pin
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
rpfstoneman
Private Boards

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 03:26:02 pm »

Pin,

I have not had the chance to make many comments on everyone's postings as of late, but this are marvelous IP bottles.  Being in the United States it is really hard to get a sense of the quality of the IP bottles being produced and where the new benchmarks are in artistic quality and method.  These postings do just that, and your effort in reaching out to us with current artist and student works is much appreciated.  Even though not much is being said on my end due to my current work load, I'm still on the Forum multiple times a day enjoying everyone's posts, reading, looking, and learning.   Thank you to those that have the time keep things active here on the Forum.   

Charll 
Report Spam   Logged

Charll K Stoneman, Eureka, California USA, Collector Since 1979.

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 08:49:57 pm »

Hi Pin, All

I second   what  Charll  wrote

And  it's now  time  to post  my   Part 2    ICSBS  article  in all its  glory 

I feel  I will  have   several  shows  of hands  to  second  what I have  written  in it 

GEORGE :  I  will  email to you  direct,  hoping that you can  upload  it  in  full    max  detail   and  under the  previous   thread

Cheers
Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 09:54:30 pm »

Pin

Thanks a lot for these postings indeed!  Is there any way to identify the real name of Yu Jie? Thanks in advance.   

Peter

Yu Jie is one of the artists in my collection.   
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 10:14:16 pm »

Hi  Pat

Your   message   below  prompted  me  to  delve   deep into  my  data base   and I found the  attached   word  doc

I hope  it's  helpful   and I  think that  this  latest  Yu Jie  is  NOT  your  Yu Jie  : there  is  too  much  time  in between

Cheers

Peter

* Yu Jie = Liu Yu ? - Student of Shi Qing.doc (29.5 KB - downloaded 18 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2015, 10:17:45 pm »

Hi  again  Pat

In case the   attached   word  doc  did   not  open  I  copy  the   contents  as  below

YU JIE  玉 洁   = LIU YU 刘玉  ?

I  bought a  pair  of  bird bottles  from “Shop on Stairs” = GZ Mother Lode 1  in 11.2009:  P170   &   P171 

Peter  Liu, the owner  of the  shop,  told me  they  were painted  by   Liu Yu  刘玉.
But the  bottles  are  clearly   signed  Yu  Jie  玉 洁 

I  don’t know  if this   is because   Liu  Yu  刘 玉   is  the   artist’s   real name and 
Yu Jie 玉 洁  is the  pen name ,  or whether   these  are  two  different  artists  ( but  obviously  Yu  Jie  is   a   pen name )

Peter  Bentley  4.2011

Subject: Auction # 34 'Dragons' by independent artist Liu Yu for the Members of the Snuff Bottle Club
To: Undisclosed-Recipient@yahoo.com
Date: Monday, May 22, 2006, 10:54 AM
As with the last auction here the paintings inside this bottle are bold and colorful. The artist is Liu Yu who is an excellent student of the great artist Shi Qing.

FORUM  18.8.2014

Re  Pat  Zanas’   two  Yu  Jie  bottles  :  Hutong and  Boy-on-buffalo

Peter  wrote to Pat:

Your   boy-on-buffalo  bottle was  obviously  copied  from  an original (modern) painting

So my guess  is that your  Hutong  bottle  was  also  copied   from an original  (modern)  painting ,and that your   hutong  bottle  I recall  seeing before  was   painted  by another  IP  artist from the  same  original  painting

Maybe  later  I will  stumble  on the  same hutong  bottle  I  saw  before.  It's  somewhere  in my  DB

Report Spam   Logged

Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2015, 10:49:31 pm »

Thanks Peter...

Maybe still the same artist who has advanced significantly into other subject areas.... who knows. These pen names drive me nuts.
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2015, 02:46:32 am »

Hi  Pat

They  drive me  me nuts as   well

And  I  think I  have  involved /  uncovered       so  many  scams  on the  way   

How   dare   to   say ?

Cheers

Peter

Report Spam   Logged

YT
Private Boards

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2015, 10:35:19 am »

Dear Pat,

These two names made perfect sense when read in Chinese.
The PinYin makes it so limited when it's pronounced without consonants.
I would suggest having the Chinese name in your database too. Easier for comparison and records.

Cheers,
YT
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2015, 12:11:17 pm »

Hello  All

Eventually   all  these "scams"    -  top   artists  signing  off   on  their   students'  works   ( I  do not  need  to name  names  but  those  in the  game  know  what  I mean )  and  even  bigger  scams  (whole-sale   selling off   bottles under  a fake artist  name  e.g  "Jiang  liu  Hua" in S'pore)     will   eventually  catch  up  on the  perpetrators

There   remain  a   few artists   whose   works   are  always   genuine  - and  always  great,  despite   their  real life  ups  and   downs  (YES  -  real    artists   do  have  UPs  and  DOWNs   !) 

I  name  my  "hero"   Song  Yiming  among  those   few    whose  works  I  can  vouch  for  and  who  I  think  one  day   will  be  included   in  the  " All  Time  -  Hall  of   Fame"   long  after  I am  dead  and  gone

Cheers

Peter

« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 12:21:43 pm by Peter Bentley 彭达理 » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: