About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 10:03:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

The curse and blessing of HK's dirty air

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The curse and blessing of HK's dirty air  (Read 1433 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: August 04, 2015, 10:15:15 pm »

Hi  Tom

Thanks  for  the  input

The  strangest  thing  is that   when  Song Yiming  came to my  home  and   saw  that  carp bottle     which I  bought  via  a  third  party  several  years  earlier  he  dismissed  it  as a  "sideline"   thing  and nothing to be  proud  of 

But  I  still  regard  it  as  one  of  his  finest   works  ever.

I  simply  can't  explain that  fact

The  same  goes  for  my  prime  /  super -  prime  Fu  Guoshun bottle  which  (if  there   are  no  final technical  hitches)  will    feature  in  the  ICSBS  Autumn  Journal .  For  that  bottle  I  paid  RMB 43,000  =  US$ 5K ++   depending  on  what  exchange rate  you use  at that  time.  That's the  most  I ever  paid  for  any bottle  in RMB    direct-from- artist   in   all  my  life.    I now  see  minor   FGS  bottles   selling for  RMB 150K  in  Henghsui   at  WXS's    shop    and  US$  hundred  thousands  at  HK  CAC. 

What  does  all this  mean ?  In  monetary   terms  a  lot 

But  in  REAL  ART TERMS  much  more, very much more.  I  love  my  little  collection  just for  its  beauty,  and  no  other  reason. 

Beethoven'  9th  largo  has  just  turned  on..........

Love to  the  world

Peter

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: