About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 19, 2024, 02:07:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

need some help on Chinese script...

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: need some help on Chinese script...  (Read 713 times)
Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« on: April 25, 2015, 01:01:54 am »

Hi Georges,

They are not bad bottles, I like the painting of the 1st one best, the boats are really well painted, altho it looks a little bit careless, but we can tell its from a very skillful artist.

1st one, inscript can be read" what I have seen by Huang He river, Painted in 1969"

2nd one" painted in the autumn of Wuzi" Wu zi could be 1948 , I have a little doubt of the date, it looks like a 70s bottle to me.

3rd one " The Tang dynasty Astronomer Zheng YiXing,Panted in Jiayin 1974 by Yu hua" The artist could be Zhang Yuhua

4th one" The picture of the horses, Painted by Zenglou in 1984"
The artist could be Zhang Zhenglou
http://snuffbottlecollector.com/zhang_zenglou/zhang_zenglou_00.htm
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 11:58:11 pm by Steven » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: