About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 17, 2024, 09:13:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Names of unidentified IPB painters NOT yet found in Peter's DB

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Names of unidentified IPB painters NOT yet found in Peter's DB  (Read 10529 times)
George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 12:59:31 am »

The sad part for them and for us, is that we may never find out who they really are/were.  And THAT is the fault of the collectors who dont share AND the fault of the artists who dont profile properly or disclose all the pen names they use.

I believe that we may well have some success down the road.

Couple of things we know so far.. Just connecting some dots...

There are three most popular eBay sellers that offer these pen named bottles. 

The one and only IP bottle seller that takes the extra effort and time to include the artists name within the descriptions is dfc_greatlander from eBay. This is the seller I am getting the information/images being posted in the other board. Although the Knowing Eye and Cavalierstore will provide them if I send them a message.  Can not really keep sending message after message asking about who the artists are though. 

The later two ( KE, and Cav ) are connected to and purchase from the Antique And Art Company..

Also...

Someone along the line is keeping track.. !

What I mean by that is the eBay listings are in almost perfect order. Specific IP artists bottles are not posted randomly throughout their store listings. When you look down the list of bottles within their stores, the bottles are posted in order by artist. Maybe these are being delivered to them "in order" and pre-labeled with the artists name (pen name).. Or this seller is in direct contact with the artists. 

Some day here shortly, I am going to drop dfc a request asking them to help us with any direct information they must have about these pen names. Seems like if this information was included within in the pen name listings, that it would increase the value of their bottles.. In the end, seems like it would benefit both the seller and the artists.

I mentioned earlier that I can not find the link that pretty sure someone posted for the  Antique And Art Company. I could not find it via Google. I would like to have a peek at that site. So if someone knows the link.., please post it  Smiley

Ok.. I am done rambling..  Smiley   
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:24:56 am by Bottle Guy » Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: