About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 16, 2024, 05:50:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Names of unidentified IPB painters NOT yet found in Peter's DB

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Names of unidentified IPB painters NOT yet found in Peter's DB  (Read 10526 times)
Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« on: June 02, 2011, 03:24:19 am »

Yes that is my hunch too.   I also noticed though that many of the bottles are dated from 2005-2008, not so many newer dates.  They may be using up old stock or.... Huh

In any case, they for sure can not afford much longer to buy from artists and sell at these prices, if Peter's info is right (which I am sure it is) as well as my info on the base price of glass and manmade crystal.  It is very interesting though that NONE of the artists in Peter's database are on sale with these dealers, while ALL of the names above are missing. 

I agree with your decision to stop buying from people that continue to offer this crap, even if they do have some much nicer bottles listed.  And to buy them sight unseen would not be something I would do anyway.  This is why i stay away from the internet.  I do trade other stuff I find with a guy in Belgium who buys that way, when I am in Europe for work, but this way I can touch, see and feel the bottles.  BUT I would love to be able to trace the artist's names I have listed here earlier.  Peter, can your contacts help?. 

For all of your info, these are the ones I am sure that I have already in my collection, but without any info on them.

Shi Qing (in Peter's DB but no info, only listed in Singapore IPB books), Li Shan, Tian Yuan, Hui Chun, Bao Yin, Yu Zheng, Jiu Zhou, Han Lin, Jiu Yie, Yun Qing, Qing Shan, He Bao, Jian Guo, Hong Shu.  These 15 or so names I find personally very good and appealing  (some for animals, landscapes, portraits, people, etc..)

Other interesting thing is that these names are not in the dfc_greatdealer listings, or anywhere on ebay, or elsewhere on the net, as far as I can tell, so you could be right that about 25 or so artist names keep popping up on the internet, based on the links you provided (I just went through all their listings, some as low as $30 and as high as $200 lets say.  Now, in fairness to the artists and the sellers, some of these are pretty darn nice, but I need to see, hold, feel and touch.  THAT is my problem!!

Where is our great detective today?  Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: