About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 04:44:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Names of unidentified IPB painters NOT yet found in Peter's DB

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Names of unidentified IPB painters NOT yet found in Peter's DB  (Read 10418 times)
George
Administrator

Test

« on: June 02, 2011, 01:04:38 am »

I recognize many of these names..

This first seller actually includes many of these artists names within the descriptions of her bottles. The other two below do not include the artists name within the description.

dfc_greatdealer is a seller I mentioned a while back.. As she sells some of the fake bottles.. Actually, all three of these sellers offer the fake bottles. She ( dfc_greatdealer ) is the one I mentioned having a shop in Shanghai. Never would tell me where the shop is at though.. 

Also am positive that I remember many of the names on your list coming back to me when asking 2002emily who the artists are.

Same with the-knowing-eye. I recognize many of these names being sent to me as artists of bottles I inquired about.

I have always found it interesting that both of these last two sellers describe their painted bottles exactly the same.. Not "inside painted", or even "reverse painted", but both describe them as "inside-drawing." It always made me think that these two ebay stores are some how connected.

I have bought bottles in the past from all three of these sellers. It has been a few years ago, but found that bottles priced in the 100.00 range were pretty darn nice, and always was pleased when they arrived. 

What I am not absolutely sure of, but think I recall, is some of these names may also have been student ( at the time ) artists from the Xisan acadamy. I use to purchase them from a Canadian fellow who traveled to China and would meet with Xisan artists. Purchased directly from them for resale to members of what was back then called the Snuff Bottle Club.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 01:10:43 am by Bottle Guy » Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: