About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 08:57:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

We sure are a quiet bunch...

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: We sure are a quiet bunch...  (Read 1037 times)
Fiveroosters aka clayandbrush
Private Boards

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2015, 05:22:24 pm »

Dear George, if you search on ebay for the item 261828438287 you will see one of the two items that I have on sale by now. More will follow.
Kind regards
Giovanni
Report Spam   Logged

Steven
Global Moderator / Forum Detective

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2015, 10:34:03 pm »

Dear all,

It looks like its kinda quite for past weeks, Sorry for my absent as well. Some of family issues and busy work plus traveling all the time. I have quit looking for bottles for about a month.

I wish it will be slow down a little in a couple of weeks, so that I can spend some time on my hobby.

-Tom, very nice bottle! Congratulation.

As Joey suggested, it could be Wang Xisan, or Liu shouBen. The only concern I have is the calligraphy is not exciting as most of Wang Xisan bottles. As I mentioned so many times on the Forum. Wang has the best calligraphy at that period, he sometimes also signed for his students without his name. The calligraphy on this bottle looks good, but not wang's level yet. the landscaping is quite good, while the scholar is less painted than the landscaping. I have a bottle unsigned, but confirmed by Wang. you might do a comparison.

http://snuffbottle.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,1846.0.html

Best to all! 

Steven
Report Spam   Logged

OIB
Private Boards

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 03:27:54 am »

Hi guys,

I have been away in Perth for the past week,
spending some time with my son and his wife there.

Inn Bok
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: