About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 18, 2024, 10:36:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Hi everyone from a newbie.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi everyone from a newbie.  (Read 1225 times)
cherannoneil
« on: March 04, 2015, 05:38:18 pm »

My name is Cheryl and I got interested in snuff bottles recently when I was asked by a client to sell a collection he inherited from his mother. One of them sold right away for $225.00 to an antique store in New York City which was my asking price. Of course that made me wonder if I maybe underestimated it's value. The more I research the these little jewels the more fascinated I become. So here I am! This is a link to my eBay store:
http://stores.ebay.com/North-Pearl-Avenue?_rdc=1
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 06:44:05 pm »

Hi again Cheryl..

Welcome aboard, and your YST bottle is a nice one..  I hope you do not mind an honest estimate for the value ?  The 500 your asking is considerably more than it's value. Even if it were signed and dated it would do well to bring a couple hundred dollars. 

I truly do wish you good luck, and you never know about eBay.. Crazier things have happened !

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
YT
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 09:47:01 pm »

Dear Cheryl,

A warm welcome to our forum.
Your Ebay auction structure looks like it is quite established. Are you putting up the small collection up there too or selling directly to antique house?

I have to agree with George that this unsigned Yong ShouTian cannot fetch that high. I have one too in a blue glass base.

Cheers,
YT
Report Spam   Logged

Wattana
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 04:47:27 am »

Hi Cheryl,

Welcome to the forum!

Tom
Report Spam   Logged

Collecting since 1971

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 04:55:29 am »

Dear Cheryl,
    Welcome from me as well. I live in Jerusalem, Israel, but have a summer place in Ireland.
Best,
 Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

cherannoneil
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 12:04:38 pm »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Yes I agree $500. is way high. I just put it high to see if there was any interest. Sometimes a high end items get more visitors and I wanted so exposure. I had it at $175.00 for about 3 weeks with not much interest.
Report Spam   Logged
George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 06:11:22 am »

The more I research the these little jewels the more fascinated I become. So here I am!

Hey there Cheryl ..

Just curious if you have stumbled onto any bottles for yourself that have caught your eye enough to collect.

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
OIB
Private Boards

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 03:05:50 am »

Hi Cheryl,

Welcome to the Forum !

Regards,

Inn Bok
Singapore
Report Spam   Logged