About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 09:48:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

dating a Fo dog with its puppy

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: dating a Fo dog with its puppy  (Read 2172 times)
George
Administrator

Test

« on: February 03, 2015, 08:47:59 pm »

Here are a few ceramic netsuke studies/articles that may have something about molds for these pieces.

Dr F.A. Turk, "A Study of Porcelain Netsuke" ( Apollo, June 1960 ), Dr T Volker, "Porcelain Netsuke" ( Far Eastern Ceramic Bulletin, Vol lll , No 4, Ser. No 16, December 1951 ). I do not have, but that is within the volume 6, 1976 Arts of Asia. Then there is, "Netsuke Familiar and Unfamiliar" ( Weatherhill, 1975 ) Raymond Bushell illustrates 28 specimens that are classified and provide a little elementary information, more towards problems involved in classifying ..

The article I am reading talks about the using types of clay. Hirado, Bizen, Kutani, Nabeshima, Seto or Oribe, in the same way blue and white wares of similar types produced can be differentiated by the quality of cobalt found in one country but not the other. Determining provenance for these ceramic netsuke can be the same as any other ceramic or porcelain pieces, where Firing, clay, glazes, etc.. are used. I can not find anything online or within this, "Ceramic Netsuke" article by Raymond Bushell, Arts of Asia, March/April 1976 issue that talk about the use of molds as being a method..

Which Snuff Bottle Review shows different molds Georges ? I would like to try and find a copy..

As I am reading through this article, there is really a whole lot of relevant information. Really the entire article is excellent reading and applies when trying to date these. It would be easier, if you would like to read it in it's entirety for me to take pics and send and or post it for you ..

Let me know and will be happy to copy for you.. 

Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: