About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 11:48:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Sharing some Yong Shou Tian bottles and asking for clarification.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Sharing some Yong Shou Tian bottles and asking for clarification.  (Read 7724 times)
cshapiro

« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2016, 01:08:35 am »

Hahaha You call my bluff!

I said they were "asking" $1000, not getting it.

The top price I've seen paid for a second signature YST is $600 from this bottle here:
https://new.liveauctioneers.com/item/14706360_yong-shoutian-glass-snuff-bottle

However, I'm not having much luck finding XCC bottles - and they are seem harder to find than YST so that should be in your favor. There was one recently listed on ebay for a little over $800 but I'm not finding it now.

But it's really not right to try to change the values. The value of a bottle should be based on the bottle and the artist's merit. I was just saying that we may have inflated YST's value by talking about him so much and so that should benefit you when you sell your bottle. I think we also made it easier for people to identify a YST bottle and once a person knows what they have, they will ask more for it.

Let's see what everyone else says!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 01:18:28 am by cshapiro » Report Spam   Logged

Cathy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: