About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 20, 2024, 01:26:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Fake Photo Inside Painted Chinese Snuff Bottles

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake Photo Inside Painted Chinese Snuff Bottles  (Read 25619 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2011, 08:25:58 pm »

Hi Pat

Yes, I am   determined to    find out   who  ( what   group?)  is   doing  this  scam , but I  doubt  if I  personally can ever do anything to  close  him/her/ them   down.

The fact  is that  the  work is    VERY  good ,   certainly  much better  SUPERFICIALLY  than most   tourist-class  bottles
 and   that bottle   fooled  me  ever since  I bought  it  until  George   pointed  out  it was  likely to be  a fake. 

In fact, when  I read  George's   message on the   Forum  I  immediately  thought  BULLSHIT   (excuse  my  French)  and  grabbed the  bottle  to look under  my   magnifying  glass in detail.  Then  I   suddenly  realized  he  might be  correct  and the  more  I  looked  , the  more  I realized that  George was indeed  100%  correct.  But it  took  my  32 x  pocket  magnifiying   glass to    see  the    fuzziness   which  proved  it  was a  fake.  What  tourist carries a    32 x  power  magnifying   glass  with him every day  ?

I will   later  post  some   info  about     canvas  copy-painting  in China  in due  course. It's a  huge  industry

Cheers   Peter  @  HK

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: