About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 05:28:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Fake Photo Inside Painted Chinese Snuff Bottles

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake Photo Inside Painted Chinese Snuff Bottles  (Read 25429 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 09:12:06 am »

Hi  All

STOP  PRESS  ! 

Forget  about  Hiawatha and    Minnehaha

This  is the  REAL   Mini -  HAHA !

Prelimnary  disection   has begun on my fake  bottle  using  a  long , sharp   needle

The   WHOLE  of the   inside of the  bottle  is  coated   with some  kind  of    plastic  film  , which is   what gives the  bottle  the   yellowish color   below the  neck

The  coating becomes  thicker  near the  girl's  picture, and  I  have  actually  carved  off   loose  flaps  which are  now hanging loosely inside the  bottle  above the  girl's  head  ( poor  girl....  next  I will  start  work on HER  !) 

If  George   can  analayze  the  bits  of  the    coating    chemically   that's  even  better,  but  my guess  is   that's  is  some  kind  of  poly-eurothene  spray   coating

The girl's   image   film  seems  to  have  been   stuck  down  first  ( using the   black  base and   balck  hair  hand  painting to cover  up  something)

Then another  layer  of  poly-urothene   was   sprayed  on to uniform the  whole  inside  bottle   surface.   

Finally  the    bamboo leaves and    "signature/ chop"    were  painted on top of the   final sprayed  layer

Certainly  I now  have a      real   smoking  gun !

Ms  Wang in SH  who sold   me the bottle   will have a   shock  when  I show   this  to  her  this   on thursday   afternoon  this  week !

I will  take some  pics  tomorrow to  reveal  the  sordid  truth  and post  them on the  Forum

I told  you  this  bottle  was   destined  for  dissection  and  DEATH  as  far as  my collection is  concerned

And   totally  coincidentally  ( and I do mean   TOTALLY  because  I  number  my bottles    strictly  sequentially  in the  order  in which I  buy  them )    this  bottle  is   number   "040" 

In Chinese  "0"  means  CERTAIN  and  "4"  means  DEATH   (so   4  is  THE  unluckiest number  in China. like  "13" cubed  in  the  west )

Await  more  news  anon........

Hiawatha's  Nemesis   @  Hong Kong

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: