About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 04:08:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Hey from Texas

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey from Texas  (Read 402 times)
deelsb26

« on: December 19, 2014, 11:54:35 am »

Glad to see everyone is still hanging there. I've missed you all, and as I feel better from my surgery plan to pop in a little more often.
I had sent Steven a photo of a painting I completed for my daughter at the end of summer, and he wanted me to show you guys...hope you like it, it was so fun to paint.
Danna
oh forgot to mention, the reason for painting the Tiger, my daughter and her husband went in the cage and got to pet it when they were on a vacation in Thailand this last year. She said the Tigers all looked healthy, alert, and thankfully non aggressive (thank goodness)  Grin

* DSC_184789.jpg (84.29 KB, 400x527 - viewed 33 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Danna

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

rpfstoneman
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 12:22:44 pm »

Danna,

Nicely done and one of my favorite IPB subjects.  I do love a good tiger themed bottle.  Thanks for sharing and it is good to hear from you. 

Charll
Report Spam   Logged

Charll K Stoneman, Eureka, California USA, Collector Since 1979.

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 01:03:12 pm »

Hi Danna..

Great looking painting, and your daughter is courageous ! 

Always great to hear from you and see one of your paintings .
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 02:55:38 pm »

Dear Danna,
     Welcome Back!
   Shabbat Shalom, & Happy Holidays,
      Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

joearp
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 12:34:39 pm »

Welcome back Danna.  So good to see you here again, you have been missed!  I am attaching a pet portrait Danna did of our English golden retriever between two rows of tobacco on our farm in NC.  Since snuff is made from tobacco I thought you would enjoy seeing this.  The pet portrait of Andy was a Christmas Surprise for me that my husband asked Danna to paint this earlier this year.  Thanks so much Danna, I love it!! Happy Holidays to you and all on the Forum!

* Andy Portrait by Danna.jpg (16.64 KB, 427x336 - viewed 27 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

deelsb26

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 04:58:54 pm »

Thanks for posting the painting Jo, I have to say this dog was hard because it is a "White" Golden Retriever...adding the white kept washing it out to me, but did the best I could. I am happy you like it!
Danna
Report Spam   Logged

Danna
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: