About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 20, 2024, 08:28:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Cloisone Bottle To Share ..

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloisone Bottle To Share ..  (Read 7314 times)
David

« on: December 19, 2014, 06:18:10 pm »

Dear Joey,

Thank you for the answers. Yes, the otoscope is for checking the ears. I got a retail version with a plastic head and led cool light. It works well enough for the price of under 40 to look at portions of the inside. (copying Giovanni's inquisitive spirit)

A really nice tool will be the military grade borescope with the adjustable fiberoptic heads, the ones they use in movie to see what is going one in a room by inserting a thin tube under door, or a small opening.

Then I understand now, the ones I have are really modern tourist ones (no bubbles on the cloisonné mini vase and enamel over coppers anywhere). They must had pour the left over glaze grinding back in or never bothered to empty it after grinding. That is why there is glazing on the inside with mixed color and transparent with metal showing.  Roll Eyes

Another mystery for me solved, thank you.

With gratitude,
David

Report Spam   Logged

David

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: