About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 20, 2024, 12:05:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Single Carved Glass Overlay

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Single Carved Glass Overlay  (Read 4519 times)
David

« on: November 22, 2014, 02:03:19 am »

Hi Giovanni,

All these photos are from one bottle. The phoenix and dragon are on the same bottle, which is why I was so impressed with it being carved and polished on something so tiny.

The Chi dragon is on the 2nd bottle, which I would like to post last. The seller told me that the smaller dragon/phoenix bottle and the slightly larger Chi dragon with longevity character bottle are a pair. So, I am trying to come up with a story that will make them a pair, although they look different.

Please don't take my stories or description too seriously. It is a mental/research exercise to find and pull specific to the trinket information from different sources, understand and absorb them, combine them in my head, and put them out again in my own words for a specific trinket (but I am trying to copy the word/tone style of how some of the auction catalogue writer says them).

I recall seeing that on the important level catalogues, that when they have a pair that looks different (or a left/right side), they usually assign it the same lot number to sell as a pair. They will also have 2 separate descriptions, and within it stressing that it is a pair incase the reader did not notice the same lot number of different looking bottles. The bidders will then know that they are pricing/bidding for a pair of bottles and not a single bottle, otherwise the seller and house might end with a lower sale price.

Grin Trying to follow them as close as I can, as I think that will allow me to read/understand the nuances of auction description better (especially since they are quite short/curt for the "unimportant" bottles that I will start out on).

It is also meant to be a little entertainment for Joey, and others that share my sense of humor.

Kind Regards,
David
Report Spam   Logged

David

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: