About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 04:00:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Qin School

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Qin School  (Read 225 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: October 13, 2014, 02:09:26 pm »

Hi All

I  just  got  an  e-book pdf  of  the    Qin School  book  which  was  published  to  coincide   with the   ICSBS  Annual  Convention  in Xian  later  this  month.

It  was  sent to  me  on  a personal  basis,  so  I'm  sorry  I cannot  copy  on to  you  (anyway  -  it's  an   11 MB     zipfile)

Apart  from  an  intro  to the  Qin  School  it  features  the  following   artists  and their   typical   works:

1.  Zhang Tieshan  -  Founder  and  President   of the  Qin  School
     Typical  Shang urns  and  blue  vases  IPBs
2.  Li Yingtao  :  previously Ji  School,  and  now  VP of  the  Qin School
    Typical  "splash"  color   flower  paintings
3.  Song Yiming ( ex  Ji  School / Shijiazhuang)   who  has  taken a new  pen  name  Tian  Cheng  天成
     A lot  of  "traditional"  excellent   SYM  Chinese  landscapes
     Plus a  fewtypical   Qin School  butterfly / insect  paintings
4.  Zhang Limin (ex Ji School /Hengshui  /  Da  Yong  top student)  who has taken  on a  new  pen name
     Tian Wu    天 悟
     Birds  and  spiders, both of  which  are ZLM's  specialties
5.  Hao Shengjie 郝胜杰 ,   art name  Tian  Yu 天宇
    Currently  he seems  to  copy  one  of  ZTS's   styles  and  paints  a  multitude  of  butterflies and  insects,
    also  some  excellent  birds
6.  Completely new  artist,  very  young,  born  1988, lady  :
     Meng Jinfang  孟晋芳    Art name  Di Fang 地芳
     Paints   Chinese   faeries

This  is  not  meant  in  any way  as  a  comment  on the   bottles

I  have  just  tried to  summarize as   simply as  possible my  first  impression  of the   new  Qin School  book as   objectively as  possible as  regards the  typical  bottles  presented  in the  book

If  anyone  else  has  access to the   e-book  pdf,  please   feel  free to   add/  correct  my comments

Cheers

Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: