About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 28, 2024, 10:45:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Peter now in Singapore till 22.9 AM

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Peter now in Singapore till 22.9 AM  (Read 426 times)
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« on: September 16, 2014, 06:18:53 am »

Hi  All  in S'pore

Just  arrived ( big  typhoon  in HK  last  night/ all flights out  of  HK today delayed)

Staying  at  Hotel  Royal,  36  Newton Road

Tel  :  6426-0168   Room  1427

Local  mobile  (   short-term SIM  card)    9123- 4801

Please  call me  anytime  to  fix a  date  for a   coffee /   beer  or   meal

Cheers
Peter

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 09:34:53 am »

Dear Peter,
    Enjoy Singapore. When is Typhoon Season over? (I hope by 15.Oct.)  Grin
Best,
 joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 07:28:11 pm »

Actually  Joey,

The    typhoon  season  can  run  to  end  of  October,   and the  later the   typhoons come  the   worse  they  are  (although   also  fortunately    the rarer !)

There  was  once a   typhoon  in the  middle  of the  Macau  F3 Grand  Prix   25  years  ago,  and  simultaneously the  temperature   dropped  15  deg C  overnight.  That  was  mid - November ....

Shocked

Cheers

Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 11:19:32 am »

I'll pray for good weather in the Far East, 17.Oct. to 07.Nov.  Cheesy
Enjoy the Merlion City,
Best,
Joey

Actually  Joey,

The    typhoon  season  can  run  to  end  of  October,   and the  later the   typhoons come  the   worse  they  are  (although   also  fortunately    the rarer !)

There  was  once a   typhoon  in the  middle  of the  Macau  F3 Grand  Prix   25  years  ago,  and  simultaneously the  temperature   dropped  15  deg C  overnight.  That  was  mid - November ....

Shocked

Cheers

Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

OIB
Private Boards

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 04:07:38 am »

Dear all,

Just to share a picture of Peter in Singapore with a few SB collectors ( we jsut had a tim sum lunch earlier today ). I am standing on the extreme right side of the picture.

Dominic Yeo is on the extreme left. The rest are my colleagues from the Nanyang Group and they mainly collect inside-painted bottles. The champion of the Nanyang Group, Mr. C T Lin is standing between Peter and me.

I will post a few more IPB from CT Lin's collection.

Regards,

Inn Bok

* IMG_6651.JPG (171.8 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 29 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 04:19:46 am »

Hi  Inn Bok and  all, especially   anyone  from the  Nanyang  Group     reading  this:

Yes -   we had a  great time  today  !

For  anyone   who  seriously  wants to  understand   (and  especially  if to collect)  VMIPBs  it's   essential  to   get to know the   S'Pore  Nanyang  Group.

Every time  I   come to   S'Pore and  meet   members  of the   Group  I  learn a   lot... and  I mean  A  LOT !

The  Nanyang  Group  were  at  least   15   years  ahead  of the   rest  of the  world  in collecting  VMIPBs ,  and they  have   some of   the  most  amazing collections  in the   world.

They  are  also  one  of  the  friendliest and  most  hospitable  group of people  I  have  ever  known.   Cheesy

It's maybe   not   easy to  view their  collections   because  they  mostly  keep  their  bottles  in  individual  boxes   in humidity-controlled   cupboards   due  to the  extreme   365-day   humidity  in S'Pore.

But  certainly to  talk  VMIPBs  and   share  photos  of    collections  the  Nanyang  Group  are  always  open.

Cheers

Peter

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: