About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
March 29, 2024, 06:05:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Yu Feng - 宇 峰

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yu Feng - 宇 峰  (Read 393 times)
Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« on: May 16, 2011, 03:26:59 am »

One more discovery from Peter's DB.  Yu Feng - 宇 峰, another artist I have several bottles of, 3 or 4, but no information.  Peter has one bottle in his collection apparently and no info.  My bottles are different in detail (farm scene, woods...).  I like this artist from the examples i have but he/she is a mystery.  If I recall properly mine are dated from 2005-2007.  Any reaction or info from anyone?  Thanks!
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 05:38:15 am »

Hi  Pat

Yu Feng 宇峰 might  possibly  be Yu  Junxia =  Yun  Chuan ( see  DB) :  a lady  artist   who lives  in  Shijiazhuang,  pupil  of  Wang Qian

The  Yu  Feng   bottle  you  see  in  my DB  is one of  several bottles that the  manager of the  BJ  bottle  shop   sourced  for  me  whenever I went to  BJ  a  couple of  years  ago ( sadly  this  source  has  dried  up). He often  got  bottles  by artists  I never  heard  of  before  or  since, and   Yu Feng  was  one of  those.

But then...... I bought   2   almost  identical bottles  about  1 year  ago:  one  was painted  by  "Yun Chuan" , and the  other was painted  by  " Yu Feng" ,  both  names   based on  what was  written on the  outside of the box. .  I bought  both bottles   out of interest   as an example of  what  I assumed   was    the same  artist painting   two almost identical  scenes , but using  different  names. 

But  now, when I look  at the  pics  I made for  my catalogue , I find BOTH  bottles  are  signed  Yun   Chuan 云川 ( but  using the  traditional  version of  Yun ) ! 

I will  email you  the  catalogue  pages  : they are  too  big to  post here, and anyway they contain  price  information  which  I prefer  to keep   confidential

Cheers  Peter

Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 06:11:22 am »

Thanks to  Richard    who confirms that my  other  suspected   Yu Feng  (=  Yun Chuan?)     is  in fact  also signed  Yun Chuan

So we are  no  closer to  finding  out   who   the  real  Yu Feng  is !

Cheers  Peter
Report Spam   Logged

Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 08:20:03 am »

Wow.  I love this list... what can I say.  I also have a Yun Chuan bottle and would have never connected the dots!!!  Thanks!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: