About This Forum

This snuff bottle community forum is dedicated to the novice, more experienced, and expert collectors. Topics are intended to cover all aspects and types of bottle collecting. To include trials, tribulations, identifying, researching, and much more.

Among other things, donations help keep the forum free from Google type advertisements, and also make it possible to purchases additional photo hosting MB space.

Forum Bottle in the Spotlight

Charll shared this beautiful Xianfeng (1851-1861) dated bottle depicting NeZha combating the Dragon King amongst a rolling sea of blue and eight mythical sea creatures.

Chinese Snuff Bottle Discussion Forum 中國鼻煙壺討論論壇
April 19, 2024, 08:03:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Contact Login Register  

Excellent Works of Inside Painting Masters

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Excellent Works of Inside Painting Masters  (Read 7362 times)
Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 05:54:10 am »

Inn Bok

Beautiful pieces. Thanks for sharing them. Interesting technique...
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

AntPeople
Private Boards

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 06:39:05 am »

Very nice way of painting the winter scenery...

Thanks a lot for sharing.....
Report Spam   Logged

五花馬,千金裘。呼兒將出換美酒,與爾同銷萬古愁。

http://www.chinese-snuff-bottle.com

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2014, 06:43:51 am »

All are very beautiful paintings Inn Bok !

I like the two Zhang Luhua landscape bottles, but the Autumn scenery side of the Sun Honglin bottle really caught my eye.. I like it very much !

Thank you for sharing these !
Report Spam   Logged

"Experience Each Experience To The Fullest To Obtain The Most Growth"

Snuff Bottle Journal
rpfstoneman
Private Boards

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2014, 11:31:06 am »

The other artist, Zhang Luhua ( 张路华 )'s two classical scenery painting with certain modern elements.

One scenery is taken from a town Wuyuan ( 婺源 ),near the porcelain capital of Jingdezhen in Jiangxi Province.
This is a crystal bottle ( 7.5 cm ).

The other bottle ( crystal, 7.8 cm ) is autumn scenery in Beijing.

Had to laugh when I saw the 'autumn scenery in Beijing' bottle with the high voltage tower and electrical poles, and at the same time I love the fact that the artist included these modern elements.  If done from a picture, most artists would tend to exclude these impediments on the natural scenery.

Inn Bok, as with the others I greatly appreciate you sharing these.  The bottles you illustrate vary in style, are all of high quality, and provide a bench mark shoot for in purchasing modern interior painted bottles.  I'm with Tom in that the I'm very impressed with all and would include any of them in my collection if provide the opportunity, but I like the two winter travelers & water gathering creek scene bottle best from those shown thus far.   Thanks for sharing these wonderful bottles.

Charll
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 11:38:10 am by rpfstoneman » Report Spam   Logged

Charll K Stoneman, Eureka, California USA, Collector Since 1979.

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 05:12:37 pm »

Hi  Inn Bok

These  really  are  an  amazing  collection  of  THE  best  MIPBs  ever  painted

How  did  you  get   access to all these  pics  of  C.T. Lin's   collection ?

Is there  any  way  you  could  arrange for  me to  visit Mr  Lin's  home   when  I am  in Singapore  next week  to see  his  collection   at  first  hand, please?

I have  met  several  of the  Nanyang   group  collectors  before, both  in  China  at the  WXS  BJ  Museum Opening  Ceremony  ( 5.2011) , and  also  when I last   visited  S'Pore  in  Summer   2012.  And of course  I have  the  Nanyang  book (in fact  given  to me  by  Wang Guangyu)  which  I have  scanned  completely  and    filed   every  pic  of  every  bottle  into my  DB  as  one  of the  "core"   reference  books, alongside  CIPMA  and  New  Look.

But  so far , the  only collections  in S'Pore   which  I have been  able to  view  at  first  hand  are those  of  Richard  Baey   and  Yeo Konghoo .

What  is  even more   amazing  is that  you  are selecting  typical  works  by  exactly the  same  top  VMIPB  artists  that  I  have  featured  in my  presentation  for   the  ICSBS  convention  in  Xian  in October!

As  I  read  your  postings  on this  theme  it   feels   like   deja  vu : as  if you  had  sneaked a  preview  of my   full  speech   ppt,   (which    I know  for  certain  has  only been  copied  to a  couple  of  close   collector  friends for  comments :  it's  30  MB  and  so very  hard to  email )

I was  never  able  to  afford  to  buy   works   by  Wang Guanyu and  Lu Jianguang   when  I started  collecting  seriously    from  2008  onward.  And  even  Zhang Luhua's   works   were  becoming  too  expensive  when I met  him  at  Yantai  in  2009  ( at  that time  he  was  asking  RMB 30,000  per  bottle !)   But  I studied  all their  works  from every  possible    reference  source.

But  most  interesting is that  you  also featured  Sun Honglin.  He  is  one of my "hero" artists, and  I "discovered"  him  just  in time  to start  buying   some of the  "best of the best"  of  his  amazing new  creations  after  I  saw the  first  of them  at  Yantai  in  2009.  I now  have  over a  dozen   SHL   landscapes  and  seascapes and I  rate  them  as  some  of the  best bottles  in my collection ( thus, not  surprisingly,  they feature  high  on my  agenda  for   the  ICSBS  in  Xian)

At the  WXS BJ  Museum  Opening  there  were  bottles  loaned  to the  Museum  from top  collectors  by  almost  every top  MIPB  artist :  you name the  artists ... they   all  had   prime  exhibits   there  (including  Yeo Konghoo's  AMAZING   Liu Shouben    landscape  which  he  features  on the  dust  cover  of  his  own  book)

But  only  one  bottle  in the   whole  Museum   drove  me to  real  passion - it  was   by  Sun Honglin :  his  new  "special"  style  but  using  red    instead  of  black    (first  time  I ever  saw him use  red  in that way ).  That  bottle  was  already in someone's  private collection and thus  only  loaned  the WXS  Museum.  But  I literally  begged  SHL  to  paint a  similar  one for  me  personally,  which he later  did  to perfection -  even better, as  if that  was  possible -  than the  one  in the  Museum (and  although  I  was  willing to  pay the  full  market  price  he  insisted  only to  charge me a  token  friendship  price) .

Every bottle  has a  story...... Cheesy

Now  when  will   you  get to  Fu Guoshun's latest and  best works ...... ?!

Hope  we  can  met  next week  when I'm  in S'Pore !

Yeo  is already  setting  up a  meal  with the  Nanyang  Group (probably  lunch  18 Sept)

Cheers

Peter

Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2014, 06:23:46 am »

Perhaps this particular Autumn scene is copied from a known painting ?

I stumbled onto this same scene as your ( my favorite ) Sun Honglin painted bottle, painted by Li Qi Yong in 2011. Titled, "The Village Autumn".

I like yours painted by Sun Honglin better Inn Bok, as he seems to have left out what appears to be fog in the foreground, so all the trees are much sharper. Unless I am mistaken, and this is not fog, but simply painted to make the trees appear to be in the distance ? Either way, I like your Sun Honglin painting of this Autumn scene better.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 06:53:08 am by George » Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 06:37:56 am »

Hi George

Ah...  Li  Qiyong  =  Qi Ren

Another  great  talent  waiting to be  discovered !    Smiley

He  has  his own very  unique   style,  specializing  in  abstract  landscapes  using  beautiful   red  colors

I have  several  of his bottles

He  lives  in Shijiazhuang ( I  so believe)

The  bottle  you  posted  is  not one  of his best

I attach a better  example

Cheers

Peter

* CC Li Qiyong = Qi Ren .jpg (20 KB, 263x448 - viewed 27 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

George
Administrator

Test

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 06:50:13 am »

The  bottle  you  posted  is  not one  of his best

I posted it for comparison to Inn Bok's Sun Honglin Autumn scene painted bottle he posted earlier in this topic that I favored so much..

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 06:51:54 am by George » Report Spam   Logged

Snuff Bottle Journal
Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2014, 08:25:47 am »

Hi George,

Apologies  -  I missed  your  actual point  Embarrassed

I  fully  agree  with you  that  the  Li Qiyong bottle  looks  very much  like the  Sun Honglin bottle which InnBok  posted   earlier

I fact - at first  blush -   I would  say that  it  was    sort of  "copied" from the   Sun Honglin bottle  in a  sort  of  "variations on a theme"   way

This "variations  on a theme"   thing is  a point  I cover  in my  Xian   talk,  although only  as  an appendix   in case it comes  up  under the  Q&A (I have a  lot of  examples)

I just  checked  back  and  found the   Sun Honglin bottle which Inn Bok posted  was  published  in  SHL's  2009  catalog so  definitely  SHL  painted  first

(See  attached)

Obviously  Mr Lin in Singapore   also  bought   some bottles  from  SHL's   2009 catalog, as  did  I ! 
You can see that the  two  photographs  are   taken  separately ( and that  the  photo of Mr  Lin;s  bottle  is    the better  one ...  look at the  reflection of the   red  man  in the  lake  )

In the  same 2009  SHL catalog  there  are several  bottles   quite  similar  in theme  -  sort  of    black and white village  scenes   with a  little  figure  in red  or blue.

As  far  as  I'm aware,  SHL  -  at least  in  his  brilliant new  phase  (  2008?  onward ) -  only ever  painted original  pictures ,  although to  be fair  I   did  find   one  bottle  in his  2009  catalog that was  clearly  based  on an iconic  modern  canvas  painting  that I have seen   copied-with-variations  several times (SHL, Da Yong ,  and other  well-known  artists)  - see the  second   pic attached

LQY  has learned  how to  reproduce the    unusual  pebbly-type  stone   style  of  SHL,  but - again -  as  far as I am aware,  LQY  only  paints  original  paintings

I am therefore  wondering  if    both the  SHL  and  the  LQY  bottles   are    based  on an iconic    series  of  canvas  paintings  by a  modern  artist ?

That would  not be  the  first  time  it has  happened .

Interesting.... !

Cheers

Peter

* CC Sun Honglin Catalogue (075).jpg (66.2 KB, 1024x695 - viewed 22 times.)

* CC Sun Honglin Catalogue (058).jpg (29.53 KB, 692x1024 - viewed 26 times.)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 08:53:20 am by Peter Bentley 彭达理 » Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver / Si Zhouyi 義周司
Private Boards

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2014, 09:02:10 am »

Dear Inn Bok,
    I really admired the two Zhang Luhua bottles, but the two Sun Honglin bottles were earth shaking!
GORGEOUS BOTTLES!
   While I'm presently on a 'Calligraphy Only' subject kick at the moment, and am hoping to commission the best modern calligraphers to paint bottles for me, via Jill (Guo Jie) and her husband Li Hui; the Sun Honglin landscape views could tempt me.
   One question: I call lead crystal bottles 'Crystal', and rock crystal bottles 'Quartz'. Do you as well?
Best,
 Shabbat Shalom,
joey
Report Spam   Logged

Joey Silver (Si Zhouyi 義周司), collecting snuff bottles since Feb.1970

OIB
Private Boards

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2014, 10:27:19 am »

Joey,

If you are calligraphy-inclined, are you referring to standard script ( 楷书 )as your
preference ? Or running script, or what ? For ISB, I am rather inclined to standard script, but then it is kind of very personal. For that, Li Ru Chen(李如琛 )'s work is my favorite.

For crystal, I prefer to call natural crystal as rock crystal. For the man made crystal, the Chinese term is very precise, 人造水晶.

Inn Bok
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2014, 10:44:19 am »

Hi Inn  Bok

Ah  yes  :   Li Ruchen .  I had  forgotten  her  whole  name the  other  day

The  most amazing  character  bottle  I ever  saw  was by her :  at  Zhang Lei's   SH  shop   about 2  years   ago (see  pic attached)

I'm not  into   big  bottles,   but  if  I could  have  afforded the  RMB 39,800 being asked  at that  time  I  would  have  bought  the  bottle.

No idea  what that bottle  is  worth now

Cheers
Peter

* Copy of RIMG0242.JPG (228.36 KB, 547x943 - viewed 37 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

OIB
Private Boards

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 10:57:32 am »

Peter ,

Is the monster by Li Ru Chen ? How big is the bottle ?

Inn Bok
Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2014, 05:00:55 pm »

Dear Inn Bok,
   My favourite calligraphy is Lishu (clerical script?), but I am planning to get a few examples each of Lishu, Kaishu (standard script), Caoshu (running or grass script), and Xingkaishu. I want an example of Zhuanshu (archaic script) as well, though it is definitely not my favourite.
   I would have thought 'Lead Crystal' and 'Quartz', were as precise as the Chinese, but more succinct.  Cheesy
I will look out for more of Li Ruchen's work, thanks. I already have one example.
Shabbat Shalom,
Joey

Joey,

If you are calligraphy-inclined, are you referring to standard script ( 楷书 )as your
preference ? Or running script, or what ? For ISB, I am rather inclined to standard script, but then it is kind of very personal. For that, Li Ru Chen(李如琛 )'s work is my favorite.

For crystal, I prefer to call natural crystal as rock crystal. For the man made crystal, the Chinese term is very precise, 人造水晶.

Inn Bok
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Bentley 彭达理
Private Boards

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2014, 05:52:06 pm »

Hi  Inn Bok

Yes  - the  monster   character  bottle  is  by  Li Ruchen

You can judge the  size  of the  bottle  by the  "standard size"  bottle   next to  it  in the  photo

Cheers

Peter

PS:  Joey - as   far  as  I  am aware , in China    the  two types  of  crystal  are  referred to   as  "artificial"  and  "natural"  crystal
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 05:58:28 pm by Peter Bentley 彭达理 » Report Spam   Logged

Private Boards

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2014, 05:11:16 pm »

Thank you, Peter.
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

OIB
Private Boards

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2014, 04:23:51 am »

Dear all,

Continuing on the Calligrapy works in IPB, i am posting a few Li Ru Chen's bottle.
She excels in the standard script ( 楷书 )。First, two bottles from the collection of my fellow collector in the Nanyang Group ( Singapore ), Mr. C T Lin.

This natural crystal bottle ( 2011 ) is 7.1 mm high and has a totla of 910 characters on both faces. It is a famous prose on the Red Cliff. The difficulty is in the consistency of the character form and the pressure of the brush against the inner surface for all the 900+ characters !

For sharing, please.

Inn Bok 

* rc-09a.JPG (251.03 KB, 768x943 - viewed 26 times.)

* rc-09b.JPG (263.68 KB, 768x960 - viewed 19 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

OIB
Private Boards

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2014, 04:29:50 am »

This second Li Ru Chen piece in C T Lin's collection is a 2009 work in a raticulated bottle. It is 6.9mm high and the composition of a total of 300 characters is about the
prose " 正气歌 ".

For sharing, please.

Inn Bok

* rc-06a.jpg (186.41 KB, 639x1024 - viewed 26 times.)

* rc-06b.jpg (188.85 KB, 640x1024 - viewed 25 times.)
Report Spam   Logged

Pat - 查尚杰

Zha Shang Jie 查尚杰

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2014, 05:51:21 am »

Beautiful piece! Thanks Inn Bok. .
Report Spam   Logged

Best Regards

Pat
查尚杰
Zha Shang Jie

Private Boards

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2014, 06:19:03 am »

Dear Inn Bok,
    SUPERB examples! I'm drooling, as I was over some of Pat's bottles.
Will it be possible to visit any of the Nanyang collectors?
My final Singapore dates are 02-07.November (G-D Willing)
Joey
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: